What's new

Buttons...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I snuck out the other day after work. Didn't find much besides buttons. The flower dandy button is marked Benedict and Burnham and dates from 1834-1843, but probably on the earlier side of that range.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242000.290494.webp

The national guard one I'm not too sure about. I cannot find any examples nor any info about "Lester and Co.". I assume it's 20th century. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242354.608799.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242407.752075.webp
The funny thing about this button is it was dropped long after this site was abandoned in ~1840's


Here's the rest. My favorite is the colonial gold gilt flat button. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242492.410448.webp

I also found a rock. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475243303.129649.webp

If anyone sees something be sure to let me know;)

Good hunts everyone

Steve
 
Upvote 36
Sweet digs Steve, :icon_thumright: I don't know much about buttons except that I'd like to dig those.
 
Killer buttons man. Whats the word before Lester? I have a backmark book but cant make out the name before.

I also found a rock. View attachment 1365096

If anyone sees something be sure to let me know;)

Looks like another one of "Scrappy's Crappy Theories" to me :laughing7:
 
Nice rock I think it is from the Temple of Doom. Does it glow in the dark?
f43ad24351e2f950761171c944427cb9.jpg


sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger
 
Nice variety of buttons but the find of the day is that amazing rock!
 
Nice finds, love the old dandy with the gilt on it
 
Nice finds ....FYI anyone with half a brain knows that's a fossil alien egg.
 
Congrats on the buttons Scraps!

That "rock" is actually a treasure map. Quit acting like you don't see that.
 
Nice buttons Scrappy. Here we go again. :happy1:
 
That NJ National Guard button is killer. It looks older than 20th century maybe 1880's?
 
Maybe that NJ National Guard has some value. I found an Ulster Guard button years ago and had no idea of the value until I posted it here.
 
Killer buttons man. Whats the word before Lester? I have a backmark book but cant make out the name before.

Looks like another one of "Scrappy's Crappy Theories" to me :laughing7:

I believe it's "warrant"

The national guard apparently didn't exist before the early 1900's so I'm not sure what to think. Could be an early issue
 
Nice rock I think it is from the Temple of Doom. Does it glow in the dark?
f43ad24351e2f950761171c944427cb9.jpg


sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Only sometimes...how did you know? Lol
 
Nice finds ....FYI anyone with half a brain knows that's a fossil alien egg.

I was way off then thinking it was a fossilized pancake!
 
Congrats on the buttons Scraps!

That "rock" is actually a treasure map. Quit acting like you don't see that.

Shhhhhhhh.....

Certain people cannot see that and now you gave it away!
 
Maybe that NJ National Guard has some value. I found an Ulster Guard button years ago and had no idea of the value until I posted it here.

I could have some value, but I'm just trying to figure out any info. Lol
 
Sweet buttons dude! I'm quickly turning into a button lover and you got some nice ones.
 
Congrats on the buttons Scraps!

That "rock" is actually a treasure map. Quit acting like you don't see that.

It's actually NOT a treasure map, but I'm sure there is treasure around there.

It's in fact a warning rock indicating to be careful--a dragon guards the nearby treasure!

I had to coax out the image with lots of contrast, but it's plain as day.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475262775.731066.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom