What's new

Buttons...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I snuck out the other day after work. Didn't find much besides buttons. The flower dandy button is marked Benedict and Burnham and dates from 1834-1843, but probably on the earlier side of that range.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242000.290494.webp

The national guard one I'm not too sure about. I cannot find any examples nor any info about "Lester and Co.". I assume it's 20th century. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242354.608799.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242407.752075.webp
The funny thing about this button is it was dropped long after this site was abandoned in ~1840's


Here's the rest. My favorite is the colonial gold gilt flat button. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475242492.410448.webp

I also found a rock. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475243303.129649.webp

If anyone sees something be sure to let me know;)

Good hunts everyone

Steve
 
Upvote 36
You got some nice button finds there. Did you find the rock inside your house next to a broken window?
 
Nice little button hunt buddy. But that rock is a killer find. It's for sure late 16th early 17th century and I believe it's scarce. Let me take a look in my Rock Redbook and get back to you. Great condition too
 
It's actually NOT a treasure map, but I'm sure there is treasure around there.

It's in fact a warning rock indicating to be careful--a dragon guards the nearby treasure!

I had to coax out the image with lots of contrast, but it's plain as day.View attachment 1365187

Wow J. I think there is something to that rock! I'll give a pic of the other side. Maybe that's the stone map;)
 
Nice little button hunt buddy. But that rock is a killer find. It's for sure late 16th early 17th century and I believe it's scarce. Let me take a look in my Rock Redbook and get back to you. Great condition too

It very well could be 16th C. That would make it my earliest find! Whoohoo!
 
Hi Scrappy; Here is a Link I found to the Lester & Co Button Makers ok. I believe yours is about 1890 - 1910.
Here is the Link : Patents

PEACE:RONB
 
Scrappy--those buttons are gorgeous! I agree with you--love the gold gild. Congrats! -Lisa & John
 
That rock was defiantly the best find. Lol
 
Excellent work on the buttons

I found a rock once
 

Attachments

  • 1475286435228451065860.webp
    1475286435228451065860.webp
    201.9 KB · Views: 89
I see a treasure map sure as the eagle flies Nice buttons scrappy amazes me how many buttons fell off back in the old days Id be pretty happy with those finds Thanks for the pics and post!!!!!!!!!!
 
Nice buttons, that rock is as old as dirt!
 
Awesome button finds! I first started the detecting I didn't think much about my button finds until I recovered a Continental Army USA button, and thanks to people like you and others in this forum I looked at my other buttons much more closely, good thing I saved them, flat buttons included. Buttons are a part of history and it's interesting to read about them and the different makers. Those are really nice and would look great in a display. Great recoveries. The rock I can't help you with, unless it's magnetic contact Dr. tones. LOL Congrats and HH
 
Where's Bob when you really need him?:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom