BUYING MY FIRST DETECTOR ?

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking to buy my first detector. what is your thoughts about the GARRETT AT PRO. I live in a rual area in GA. and there are lots of creeks and one river close to me. Done some research an there is lots of old home steds and gold has been found here there are a few gold mines here and land dating back to the 1700's with historical land markers. So I think I will be finding some good treasures in my area. Any help on the GARRETT AT PRO will be great.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the hobby after starting years ago and dropping it. From what you said your looking for a general use detector like i was. I looked at the garrett gro and the minelab x-terra 705 which was about $140.00 more an the garrett. E dealer i spoke with uggested the garrett but then after i said i wasnt going to be in more than ankle deep water on lake Mchigan he said go woth the 705. He suggested the garrett vecause it is waterproof where as the 705 is only water proff up to the control box. I spoke with two guys at the local club i joined that had the garrett and they sold it and got the 705. I havent had much chance to use the 705 because of the weather here but what i have seen i like it. I did have a detector that i got around 95 from radio shack and that seems like it is a toy compated to the 705. He that helps some.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have seen a lot of nice finds by folks using the Garrett At pro. I am going to get a couple of them. One for me and one for my daughter. We are going to buy the waterproof blue headphones cause the At pro doesn't come with underwater phones. It comes with the land phones. I have a whites PI dual field for the beach and in the water. I will use the AT pro for an alternate on the beach to do quick grid searching. Then go over area a little deeper with the PI

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Wayne,

you may want to look at the Tesoro Vaquero, it's a great all around detector that speaks for itself. If your not looking for a VID (Visual ID) machine or you don't really want to rely on the visual element, it may be good choice.

Just a suggestion,
HH

PTP

OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the advise.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the link. I found that after i posted this. It did help me out with making me desion so again thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions