What's new

Buying used on consignment Sea Hunter II from Kellyco?

Chibuya

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
57
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hollywood, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Tesoro Vaquero
Has anyone purchased consignment machines from Kellyco before? Im wondering if this is a good option. There is a Sea Hunter with the standard plus the 10-14 coil for 650.00. I personally think that is really over priced since you can get that package new from Kellyco at 747.95. Going to see if the owner will come down on the price.

Any idea what something like that should cost used with and without the extra coil?
 
Upvote 0
that is not very much off, I would buy new with full warranty
 
dld said:
that is not very much off, I would buy new with full warranty
Diddo for me. Lots of these detectors "on consignment" could be just ones that are returned to the dealer while they upgraded or found out hunting wasn't for them. You are much better off with a new machine and forget the other coil as that is there to just sweeten the pot. A used Sea Hunter sound go for closer to $300. depending on condition since it has no warranty and repairs will cost ya lots extra.
 
Yes way too high priced for used. Even from a company. If I can't get it fro 1/2 or less I buy new. steve
 
I paid $375 for one in excellent condition with all the extras that come with it new.
 
Thanks for all of your responses.

ThTx fixed up a nice deal on a new Sea Hunter for me today. Thanks Anthony!

Also want to thank Saltwater Max for your time and advice.
 
I always advise people to buy from anyplace but KellyCo. Thier customer service sucks, and they have always sold returned, used items as new. Better off supporting a local shop or any other mail order business.
 
Sandman said:
dld said:
that is not very much off, I would buy new with full warranty
Diddo for me. Lots of these detectors "on consignment" could be just ones that are returned to the dealer while they upgraded or found out hunting wasn't for them. You are much better off with a new machine and forget the other coil as that is there to just sweeten the pot. A used Sea Hunter sound go for closer to $300. depending on condition since it has no warranty and repairs will cost ya lots extra.

Just an FYI, if we list an item as a consignment, we are selling it for someone. A customer brings the machine in, we test it and make sure it works, clean it up and sell it for the customer and apply the funds to a new machine or give the consignor cash.

I always advise people to buy from anyplace but KellyCo. Thier customer service sucks, and they have always sold returned, used items as new. Better off supporting a local shop or any other mail order business.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with Kellyco Jason, I can assure you that the customer service issues of the past are being or have been corrected. If you have any issue with Kellyco you can always ask for myself or any member of management and we will get your particular situation worked out.

Now to address you stating that we sell returned, used item as new, this is false. If it were true, we would not be or have been in business for the past 55 years. Also, I must remind you that for people in Florida, we are the local shop, not only that but we support 100's of metal detecting events and clubs worldwide so when you buy from Kellyco you are supporting the metal detecting community.

Again, I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with Kellyco but I can assure you that if you contact us we will get to the bottom of every issue you can bring up and make you a happy customer.

Thanks,
Dan Gerrell
Chief Operating Officer
VP of Operations
Kellyco Metal Detectors
dgerrell@kellycodetectors.com
407-699-5919
 
Chibuya said:
Has anyone purchased consignment machines from Kellyco before? Im wondering if this is a good option. There is a Sea Hunter with the standard plus the 10-14 coil for 650.00. I personally think that is really over priced since you can get that package new from Kellyco at 747.95. Going to see if the owner will come down on the price.

Any idea what something like that should cost used with and without the extra coil?

The 10X14" coil is only good for wetsand anyway, it is too large & clumsy for hunting in the surf. I had one on my Mark IIs and it was just uncontrollable in the waves. Have owned 3)Mark IIs and used them successfully my 1st 2 seasons. All have been sold. One went for $372.16, one went for $475 and one for $400. That should give you a range to work with. The unit is capable with the 8" mono, but if you are buying it as a discriminator, think again. It is a PI ALL metal unit. IF you use the discrimination feature, you will be leaving gold behind.
GH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom