What's new

CA Relics--Sling Buckle, Cast Wreath Buckle, Eagle I Button

Ron (CA)

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
556
Reaction score
1,519
Golden Thread
6
Location
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Posted this on another forum but though maybe a relic hunter might appreciate these finds.

 

Attachments

  • Eagle I 2.webp
    Eagle I 2.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4718.webp
    IMG_4718.webp
    194.7 KB · Views: 200
  • sling b 1.webp
    sling b 1.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 204
  • wreath.webp
    wreath.webp
    18 KB · Views: 201
Very nice recoveries. The drought conditions are very kind to the buried history. Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice digs.. A lot of gilding left on that infantry button.
Not often an Indian Head comes out in that good of shape either.
I know I'm guilty of it sometimes too but all that rubbing the dry dirt that was stuck to it probably removed the stuff off the raised portion of the buttons.. Made me cringe a little watching.
Patience grasshopper ..haha.. Great hunt
 
Last edited:
Nice digs.. A lot of gilding left on that infantry button.
Not often an Indian Head comes out in that good of shape either.
I know I'm guilty of it sometimes too but all that rubbing the dry dirt that was stuck to it probably removed the stuff off the raised portion of the buttons.. Made me cringe a little watching.
Patience grasshopper ..haha.. Great hunt

Yeah I know !! :) BUT...... I guess i like to see what I have "in the moment" We usually try to assess the condition of a coin before giving it a rub but we can be a bit impatient on the relics.

I will try harder Master Po !

PS: At least they are saved!! ;)
 
Haha.. I know how it is man.
I just gotta share this with you... I used my Jedi powers to eyeball this Indian head an hour ago....ha! I thought I bet its a wheat by the color of it then I saw what looked like a stalk of wheat that turned out to be a wreath

ForumRunner_20141008_161430.webp



ForumRunner_20141008_161345.webp



ForumRunner_20141008_161403.webp
 
Very nice Digs.They are in good shape too. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom