What's new

Cache detector suggestions appreciated

GaBnn3

Full Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
166
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Hi all. I've always been impressed with the experts here and would like some advice. I bought a department store detector several years ago that suited a hunt I was on at the time. Now, I need to make sure I'm armed with adequate technology. I'm searching cellar holes that may include the homestead of a wealthy colonial era individual. Target: a small chest or keg of gold coin. Assumptions: chest deep at the time, with cellar filled in a few more feet with debris since then. Add an error margin to that and we're in the ten foot range. Such a target could easily be missed by the coin shooters. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
 
GaBnn3 said:
Hi all. I've always been impressed with the experts here and would like some advice. I bought a department store detector several years ago that suited a hunt I was on at the time. Now, I need to make sure I'm armed with adequate technology. I'm searching cellar holes that may include the homestead of a wealthy colonial era individual. Target: a small chest or keg of gold coin. Assumptions: chest deep at the time, with cellar filled in a few more feet with debris since then. Add an error margin to that and we're in the ten foot range. Such a target could easily be missed by the coin shooters. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The poor man's ground penetrating radar technology is called a backhoe.
 
You are in 2Box territory. There is a lot of small trash like nails from the building which the 2Box won't detect. It will detect a box or keg of gold coins to about 12'. Frank
 
Thanks Frank. Will look up two box units.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom