Cache in WA

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Great-Grandpa didn't trust banks and allegedly stashed quite a bit of money made from the orchard business on his land. His son still lives on the property, but the homesteader house made out of field stone is being rented out iirc. The Google earth coords are as follows: 47 degrees 28'19 N by 120 degrees 22'05.5 W. The homesteader house is the smaller one to the south and his son lives in the house to the north of it.

Family rumor has it that his son found some or all of it at one time, as he came into some money in the early 80s - enough to build his house on the land - but it is reasonable to assume there is still more there. Back then, it seemed like every one of my great aunts and uncles had their own MD and the race was on to find it all!

Also, the county altered the course of the Wenatchee river a bit there to the south by sinking large concrete pieces into the river. This in effect reclaimed several scores of acres or orchard land that they owned, so it might behove someone to poke around on the sandbars due south of the houses.

I am in no way giving permission to search this land, as it's not mine to give. If you do gain permission to search or use your uncanny skills and resources to realize those sandbars are public property ( i.e. below the high water mark for the river), post anything you find and for God's sake -

Don't get shot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread