My best cache found at work!!!

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
About five years ago I cracked a roll of dimes into the cash register at a c-store I owned.We buy dimes from a local bank 10 rolls at a time to maintain operating change.This roll had a different dull sound and sure enough,all were 1941-1945 mercs.Intrigued,I checked the other rolls and found 3 more rolls!!When the emploee from the previous shift came in,I explained my find.She replied"wait a minute and came back with a roll she had put back from her shift.All total,I have 5 rolls of 41-45 mercs ,all from the bank!! Thanks for looking DBULL

K

Kentucky Kache

I'm guessing you check the sound of all the rolls now. Great find.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XL-PRO PRO said:
About five years ago I cracked a roll of dimes into the cash register at a c-store I owned.We buy dimes from a local bank 10 rolls at a time to maintain operating change.This roll had a different dull sound and sure enough,all were 1941-1945 mercs.Intrigued,I checked the other rolls and found 3 more rolls!!When the emploee from the previous shift came in,I explained my find.She replied"wait a minute and came back with a roll she had put back from her shift.All total,I have 5 rolls of 41-45 mercs ,all from the bank!! Thanks for looking DBULL

And, aaaaaah, where do you bank? :icon_pirat:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Connecticut Danny said:
I wonder who is the fool who turn them in to the bank.
Don't really think it's fools. Lot's of people are struggling & food money is more important to them than hoarding silver. Count your blessings we're not in that boat. :wink: Keep an eye on your pocket change, lots of silver popping up. Hint; When the clerk is making change take a glance at their drawer. They usually put halfs & silver dollars in a separate slot. If you see them ask to buy them. They usually are glad to get rid of them (less hassle when counting down their till at the end of their shift) :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People need to sell their silver coins either for their silver contents or for their collection value.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Connecticut Danny said:
People need to sell their silver coins either for their silver contents or for their collection value.
That's like watching Pawn Stars & wanting to get up off the sofa and slap the snot out of the guy that listens to Rick whine about overhead bla bla & loose $2000 because he's too lazy/ stupid to get on EBay or walk down the street to the "experts" shop and ask him if he'd like to buy what he just appraised. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread