Cache of Indian Heads

D

doyboy

I wanted to post a special cache that I had found last year. While detecting my "hot spot" I got a perfect "Quarter" reading that pinpointed at 2.5". After digging the hole I noticed a bunch of coins in the hole. It was not a quarter! I pulled them out and my heart started to race. The coins were stuck together in two stacks. I had found 6 Indian Head pennies in the same hole. The dates ranged from 1899-1907. This is by far my largest cache of old coins. It was an awesome thrill! Oh, and that same day I found an 1871 IH (semi-key date), 1912 Barber dime (XF-40), and a 1907 V-Nickel.

Attachments

• Cache.jpg
    Cache.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0
Nice Cache doyboy.

Congrats !

Doyboy,

WOW!

HH :)
RR

Great little indians. I have yet to find any myself. Just think, that could've been a small childs year of savings hidden away.

I found about 50 old wheaties like that once in an apple orchard. Wish they were indians. Great dig, man! keep em comin
Jer

Great! You found a nice pile of old coins there! Congrats.
Vern

I have found sliver and gold but never found an Indian yet! You make it look so easy! Monty

My buddies call me the "Indian Head God." It seems like that is all I find. Zoyboy is more like the "Mercury dime God."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back