What's new

California Gem

southfork

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2014
Messages
2,553
Reaction score
8,418
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its drying out fast out here so a quick hunt was in order . My day maker was a whole crystal arrow point and one with a little barb ding . The black obsidian point was made from a waste flake this material was traded in and well utilized .
 

Attachments

  • P3301734.webp
    P3301734.webp
    751.5 KB · Views: 202
  • P3301732.webp
    P3301732.webp
    587.2 KB · Views: 170
  • P3301730.webp
    P3301730.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6900.webp
    IMG_6900.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
Another great day from the hill Dennis. You must have a large frame of just crystal points from that place. I confess I am jealous
 
Nice ones! So what is the other type of material the gray ones?
 
Nice ones! So what is the other type of material the gray ones?
I think that's called Silicified sandstone ? a lot of the older type points on this camp are made from that material .
 
Really nice crystal point…looks so symmetrical and a needle tip…awesome!
 
You consistently find very nice points. I enjoy seeing your finds.
 
Very nice! You find quite a few quartz crystal beauties!
 
Cudos, you sure do find some nice specimens out there on the West Coast.

Jess B.
 
Gem grade... !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom