California open carry law

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know how to post links will someone plz....and tell me how also :help:....Google search "california open carry law"...theres a legit site that explains it alll much better than the Guys at the shop or the dad you talk to at boy scouts.....you can still carry loaded on public land exactly the same as pre january...as Hoser would say ":read2: and the truth shall set you free".......BTW California still the greatest state in the Union...... :tongue3: :headbang:

Upvote 0
greydigger said:
As California is a "May Issue" state, does that Concealed Carry License come from the county Sherrif ?
And if given a license from a county Sherrif in the state apply to all counties in the state?
Grey
Yes, it comes from the county badge. No, only good in that county. Very seldom issued, I am told (not having checked myself). TTC

No, it is good for the whole state, and not too hard to get if you live in the right county. As in, not Sothern Cal or the Gay Bay. Here in El Dorado county the sheriff is handing them out as long as you are not a felon :headbang:

Things might have changed in the last year, but I got a CC permit after a class a year ago from last January. The permit was issued by Utah. During the class a CA resident, former police officer, made it clear the county permit is not valid in other counties. Also, the permit is usually issued only rarely. The main reasons would be such as someone being stalked, credible death threats, etc.

TimC

You can look it up online, but once issued the CA ccw is good statewide and even recognized in a number of other states.

bug said:
You can look it up online, but once issued the CA ccw is good statewide and even recognized in a number of other states.

Correct! :icon_thumleft:

Here is a list of the states that honor the California issued CCW permit:

Currently the following states in addition to California will recognize a California CCW. However, you should check the current situation in that state (preferably from that state's Attorney General Website) before traveling to another state.

1. Alaska (no permit required)
2. Arizona (no permit required)
3. Idaho (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
4. Indiana (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
5. Kentucky (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
6. Michigan (recognizes all state permits. Must be resident of issuing state)
7. Missouri (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
8. Montana (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
9. Oklahoma (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
10. South Dakota (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
11. Tennessee (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
12. Texas (Unilaterally recognizes California CCW)
13. Utah (recognizes all state permits held by nonresidents)
14. Vermont (no permit required)

GG~

GG,

Add to your list that AZ residents and non-residents do not need a permit in State. The written law may still contain a need for a class, but a Sheriff's deputy told me that a class is no longer needed.
TKC

weither or not you have a ccw/open carry permit, i found that 1 way to thwart the FS or any wacoenviromentalist wanting to mess with me is to also, while out in the woods, have a current hunting license for that state, so they cant use the reasoning that your out there hunting without a license or permit. and if the state requires a certain caliber for any certain game that in season,make sure you comply with that rule. I.E. deer hunting with a .380/22 cal. or any small caliber weapon.

They just recently changed the law on C.C.,in Calif.up until then it was only good for the county in which it was issued and was a bear to get.When I had one in Monterey Co.,I had to take out Liability insurance for a cool Million $.Now,its good statewide if you can find a non lib Sherrif.
When I first moved to Montana,trying to be legal,I walked into the County Courthouse and asked about getting a permit.....The Sherrif about laughed me out!!!You do have to have one now but it isnt anything like getting one in Cali!

Glad I live in Nevada, open carry is legal as well as concealed carry with a permit.
Carrying an unloaded gun is dumb!
Nevada Coyote

Right you are Russau. I am constantly reminding mine of this and it is not from being paronoid. It is just the reality of the world we now live in.

I consider myself very attuned and aware of all around me ..............However when outdoors shoveling paydirt with a pump running it's pretty easy to be walked up on from behind and be caught off guard :o

I recommend a dog in addition to the side arm :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back