California TN weekend!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok here's what I did. Stopped by and reserved a group spot next to the river. It is for 6 to 12. They make you pay based on the minimum number per site so I paid a deposit of $99.00 that's basically half the fee of six people from Friday 2:00pm to Monday checkout at noon. basically $33.00 per person up to for the weekend. If I would have tried for a spot with a 10 person min. it would have been 165.00 deposit.. and there were sites with a 20 person minimum. Now what if we go over 12. there is another group site the same size adjacent to the one I got. Same fee breakdown does some one step up and make that the Saturday Sunday spot or Friday Saturday for the people with different schedules? I just don't have it on paper firm what everyone had initially said to be able to work that out. She said there are numerous single sites available so if anyone wants to call and make individual reservations that may be the way to go. I live eight miles away and don't have to stay there though I will be drinking beer so I may have to bug the wife on her birthday for a ride home:laughing7: . I just wanted to lock something in so we could move forward from there. I wanted to avoid the whole mess of dealing with fees in the first place and a spot with no check in check out limitations. But at least we got a spot. There is also a day use fee so if anyone wants to camp one night and park and ride to the dig-site you could pay like $ 4.00 to do so. There is a raft/Kayak put in so it would be possible to float and snipe and catch a ride back to camp from someone who is at the common dig down stream.....that doesn't sound all that fun though does it8-)? Based on this thread I have Aufisher, Golden Mojo, Alewis, Lookinforgold, Myself, Hangtowndiggins, as 100% confirmed. I have received two requests in the last few days that I will count in I have to go back over some P.M.'s and talk to some guys who showed interest before. I will get with goldenmojo and compare my list to his t shirt list. Please If I didn't mention you and you expressed interest before and are still coming contact me via P.M. and lets hash out the details so we can get you in and close to us. For anyone who wants to go to the common dig P.M. me and I will give you the details and times. anyone going to the summit Lets hear your plans. I will post the time of the dig later but, will most likely send location in private. Those names I mentioned earlier. try to keep yourselves open and available Sunday afternoon Hangtown and I have something special lined up:occasion14:.....I'll let you more later. Its getting close check this thread daily.

Last edited:

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
Goldwasher and other miners, if the new location dose not work out, the ranch is still here and it is free. If you need a back up plan.
Bill

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For two people, Fri pm thru Mon am, total cost? T shirt and BBQ costs for two? And a little unclear on the $4 fee...is that at the park or dig site? Each day? Tents are ok I assume?

I had one member who was going with me but something came up. I'll talk to another person today who may want to go. THANK YOU to all for the time and work involved in setting this up.:icon_thumleft:

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure if you guys are still counting me or not. If you are I am going to have to bow out as I just got served divorce papers last week and my life is a giant tornado at the moment as I am now suddenly a single dad.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if you guys are still counting me or not. If you are I am going to have to bow out as I just got served divorce papers last week and my life is a giant tornado at the moment as I am now suddenly a single dad.

Man, sorry to hear Rdg Sluicer, best wishes to you thru hard times.
HTD

Last edited:

chriseneim

May 5, 2013
I'm in your same boat brother. It's been a year and a half and very hard and challenging mentally and physically. My ex left me for her boss when our daughter was just four months. I've learned things happen for a reason and the hard times have only made me a stronger man and a stronger father. Today I can say I am so much happier being a single dad then being in a relationship where trust , love and emotion are either gone or fading quickly. Keep your head up brother life is about to get a lot more beautiful and freedom never tasted so sweet.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2 or 3 months everything will be settled and a distant memory. As long as i got my little guy I am good.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
[/ATTACH]Sorry you are going through it and won't be able to make it to the event. We will raise a glass to you. For everyone that is going here is a little preview of the area. I stopped out near the common dig site today and took my sample pan and spoons. Cleaned out 1 pan load.[ATTA IMG_1613.JPG CH=CONFIG]961682

Attachments

• IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 120

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, please count me out. After the mining summit Saturday morning ill be heading off in my own direction. I hope you fellas have a great weekend and get some good gold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cancelled the campsite. today was the last day I could get back my deposit less 10 bucks...Ive had about two cancellations a day for the last week. I don't want to lose out on this. and now there is no need for a group site. So for the fellas that are actually gonna be in the area that weekend p.m me and we can arrange to hit a spot together. It seems like there will only be like four or five anyways.... Funny How Mccordall came and went it was his Idea. I wanted to get like twenty of us and we barely got five. Hope yo guys understand.I would rather spend my time at the summit and my claim rather than worrying about who may show up...

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a good choice GW, although that is too bad....I know you've put some work into this, sorry it did not work out. Maybe another time.

That said, I'm hoping you are still countin me as 1 of the 5 ! I'll PM you to figure out the details, but hopin I can still meet-up w/ at least 1 or 2 TNet members ! I will either still plan on campin at Lotus, or might just end up somewhere's else....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are ample spaces in lotus and Camp lotus is the cheapest and really nice. Yes Aewis you are one. The dig is still in Lotus. Unless we go to our claim Saturday and the river Sunday. I know you were planning on heading back that day.

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, Ill be making reservations either today or tomorrow for sat/sun.. Cant let this opportunity to meet some more of the good TN members and get my boy and I some GOLD! :)

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are ample spaces in lotus and Camp lotus is the cheapest and really nice. Yes Aewis you are one. The dig is still in Lotus. Unless we go to our claim Saturday and the river Sunday. I know you were planning on heading back that day.

Goldwasher thanks for all the effort you put into making this happen. I know you made multiple trips to check the sites and supplies. It will just have to be a smaller group of miners getting together.

The Tshirt thing is still open. Anyone that really wants one send me a PM with size and quantity.

GM

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just made the reservations at the camp... If anyone wants to register onto our campsite it will only cost 12 more rather than the 36 min for a separate campsite. Gonna be arriving the morning of the 5th to setup etc, and probably leave sometimes around Sunday afternoon.

GW, do you need us to bring anything?

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher thanks for all the effort you put into making this happen. I know you made multiple trips to check the sites and supplies. It will just have to be a smaller group of miners getting together.

The Tshirt thing is still open. Anyone that really wants one send me a PM with size and quantity.

GM

Ill be getting two for sure... 1 XL and an xsmall for my 8 year old

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bump-de-bump
so what do the t-shirts look like?