California

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurechest said:
Ok, so I know that the Superstition mountains are in AZ. I just can't help to ask what every one elses opinion on the Peralta stones and the lost mine in those mountains. Anyone have anything to offer?

Here's my opinion

I believe in a lot of treasure stories, but I have a hard time believing in the Lost Dutchman. People have been scouring those hills for years. With that many people searching, someone should have found it by now. With today's technology, if it was there...

What do you guys think?

I don't really believe in most treasure legends. I WANT to believe in them and I find them fascinating, but stories like Pegleg or the Lost Dutchman seem a bit outlandish to me. This is especially true since the more research you do, the more variations of the story come out. I hope that those variations all have a grain of truth to them and that someday someone will find one of these classic legends. Realistically, I think most of the legends are spun to increase tourism and put some small towns on the map.

Again, I WANT to believe them, I hope someone finds them, and I will continue to search as well. But deep down, it's about the thrill of the hunt to me.

Gork

Dec 13, 2004
pegleglooker said:
Customx, I am not aware of any state or nat'l park that would allow anyone to MD.... BLM is the only place that I am aware one could MD and even they can say no to those who aren't aware of the rules.... but I could be wrong....would anyone care to set the rule straight ???

Thx
PLL

The Federal 1979 Archaeology law states that no artifact can be removed from Federal Land. Many years in jail and up to $250,000 fine. No medal detecting for artifacts.
Federal land, is of course, BLM land as stated by most. Actually to put it in proper prospective it is Federal Land (the property of all American citizens) administered for us by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions