Calling All Army Dawgies - When and Where did you go to Boot camp.

I was at Knox may, June, and July of 03. You were OSUT though. I have some EOD buddy's still there. I was in 705th EOD here at Ft. Polk and we support 4th Bde 10 Mtn Div for EOD support. The rest of my Bn supports the rest of your division. You hear anything about them pulling 4th BCT up to Drum? There's talk about them pulling 5,300 troops out of polk.

They have been talking about it for the last 4 years

They were talking about it happening right after their deployment to Afghanistan 5-6 years ago ended too

They were talking about it happening right after their deployment to Afghanistan 5-6 years ago ended too

True your right

Ft Knox KY 8 January 1984 19E OSUT. I had never seen so much snow in one place in my life!

Interesting thread, I feel like an "ole" guy now! :laughing7: Ft. Lewis Wash. Basic, 1968, AIT, Ft. Sill OK, Cannon-Cocker, 105 Howitzers, RVN 1969.

Okay, Sonny. Heh, heh. 1964-1966 as posted above

After Radio School, I spent several months on North Ft. Lewis in the 32nd Arty, then escaped to Crash Rescue at Gray Air base.

Ft. Benning, GA 1980, 4th Plt, 1st ITB. Decided that joining the Army after HS graduation was a good idea. Who knew that Georgia was so hot in the summer time!!

I sure did. Summer 1964 USASESCS at Ft. Gordon. I adapted to the heat by running after class, but those who didn't really suffered

FT. GORDON 11/79 - 4/80 THEN 3rd armored 143 sig btln Frankfurt germany.......long live K-STRASSA and the beer.................yeah i was trained as 05C...tapped out @ 35wpm...still remember the rat rig....good times

Last edited:
OSUT at Ft. Knox Feb. 93. 19K. Afterwards found out my Pops did his basic there late 1960's. Such a small world! Sure do miss my Abrams some days....mostly when in traffic :)

FT. GORDON 11/79 - 4/80 THEN 3rd armored 143 sig btln Frankfurt germany.......long live K-STRASSA and the beer.................

I did AIT at Ft. Gordon. 72E - Combat Telecommunications Operator. Almost a full year there...

You're not the old timer I did basic at Ft Gordon in '63 and AIT at Ft lost in the woods in '63. then went to Hawaii for a year and half and then Nam.

I did AIT at Ft. Gordon. 72E - Combat Telecommunications Operator. Almost a full year there...

Freedom,

I was also trained as a 72E. Went to Germany to a Pershing Missile Unit which did not have any 72E equipment so I spent 3 years in Operations doing Pershing Missile stuff. Then went to Ft. Bragg to the 319th MI BN (Combat Electronic Warfare Intel) Airborne, talk about a fish out of water. Not only did I not know how to do the 72E stuff I also was not Airborne qualified at the time. The 319th supported the 18th Airborne Corp, I was selected to go to Ft. Campbell Ky to support the 101st during one of their field problems. I was attached to one of the 101st MI BNs, was in some type of big Van, trying to get the new Teletype working and in walks the Commanding General of the 101st. After everybody got the "As you were" command I went back to reading the Tech Manual trying to figure out why the teletype was not working, the General saw me and asked me what I was doing, I told him and he said I never see anybody read a TM anymore. He reached in his pocket and pulled out the GC coin. Next thing I know the Brigade CSM was hand carrying another Teletype from Ft. Bragg to Ft. Campbell. A lot of people must have caught hell because of broken (maybe, maybe not) equipment but nobody said much to me because I received the CG coin directly from the CG. Went to Airborne School at Bragg, then came down on orders for Recruiting, which kept me from going to one of those month long field problems in Korea and never worked as a 72E again.

Freedom,

I was also trained as a 72E. Went to Germany to a Pershing Missile Unit which did not have any 72E equipment so I spent 3 years in Operations doing Pershing Missile stuff. Then went to Ft. Bragg to the 319th MI BN (Combat Electronic Warfare Intel) Airborne, talk about a fish out of water. Not only did I not know how to do the 72E stuff I also was not Airborne qualified at the time. The 319th supported the 18th Airborne Corp, I was selected to go to Ft. Campbell Ky to support the 101st during one of their field problems. I was attached to one of the 101st MI BNs, was in some type of big Van, trying to get the new Teletype working and in walks the Commanding General of the 101st. After everybody got the "As you were" command I went back to reading the Tech Manual trying to figure out why the teletype was not working, the General saw me and asked me what I was doing, I told him and he said I never see anybody read a TM anymore. He reached in his pocket and pulled out the GC coin. Next thing I know the Brigade CSM was hand carrying another Teletype from Ft. Bragg to Ft. Campbell. A lot of people must have caught hell because of broken (maybe, maybe not) equipment but nobody said much to me because I received the CG coin directly from the CG. Went to Airborne School at Bragg, then came down on orders for Recruiting, which kept me from going to one of those month long field problems in Korea and never worked as a 72E again.

Those were the days. Wife actually came down and to GA and we lived off post. Some podunk town out the northside gate.
Had a great time there though, Honor Graduate and never did work my MOS. When I reported into Fort Lewis, A Co. 29th Signal Battalion, they found out I could type
over 50 words a minute. Yup, you got it, training clerk for my entire tenure there.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back