What's new

camera advise

  • Thread starter Thread starter digum smacks
  • Start date Start date
D

digum smacks

Guest
to all .i need some advise on a good camera !but wont drain my bank account and take quality pics. thanks dave
 
Upvote 0
Canon makes a great water, dust and shock proof camera for around $200.00. Good for use in the field.
 
I would second a Canon.

I have an Olympus stylus 8000 and it's been to the repair facility twice, once for water intrusion. At $165+tax flat repair fee, plus shipping, I would stay away from the Olympus line and I'll never buy another one.

Every Canon I have ever owned still works and I've never had to send one in for repair.
 
here we have a couple pentaxs

i have canon d-10.......the best macro of any camera i have ever owned or used......12gs..........camera is kinda bulky.

last week i bought yet another canon.......similar......sd1300.....not waterproof version of above......

for a back up water camera.......i have a fuji......xp-10........nice compact job.........macro is ok
j m h o

go to youtube and type in ........u can see lots of live action videos of any camera u want.
 
i forgot to add this

with all the other waterproof cameras i have had and used, this d10's macro is like automatic.

once u get in that macro zone while focusing, it moves to macro mode automatically..........and it is really great macro shot.

now with that said..............i am on my 3rd..........other 2 had minor leaks..........and where replaced free of charge by canon after sending them back for review.

is there such a thing as a minor leak on a camera?????................ 8)
 
Here are some Pictures I took with the Pentax w90 in the microscope mode, it has 4 soft white LED's to light the target.(See below)


ken1.JPG

ken2.JPG

ken3.JPG
 
all i can say is WOW.on that pentax,and its waterproof also? looks like that might be the one,have to thinkhard about that 1.its around $275?
 
Heres 1 more for you! Its an Eel I took in Hawaii under water.
eel.JPG
 
I just realised the coin pictures where taken on low quality!
 
snooksion2 said:
to all .i need some advise on a good camera !but wont drain my bank account and take quality pics. thanks dave
You know my setup.... 'Nuff said.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom