RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Canon makes a great water, dust and shock proof camera for around $200.00. Good for use in the field.

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
I would second a Canon.

I have an Olympus stylus 8000 and it's been to the repair facility twice, once for water intrusion. At $165+tax flat repair fee, plus shipping, I would stay away from the Olympus line and I'll never buy another one.

Every Canon I have ever owned still works and I've never had to send one in for repair.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here we have a couple pentaxs

i have canon d-10.......the best macro of any camera i have ever owned or used......12gs..........camera is kinda bulky.

last week i bought yet another canon.......similar......sd1300.....not waterproof version of above......

for a back up water camera.......i have a fuji......xp-10........nice compact job.........macro is ok
j m h o

go to youtube and type in ........u can see lots of live action videos of any camera u want.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot to add this

with all the other waterproof cameras i have had and used, this d10's macro is like automatic.

once u get in that macro zone while focusing, it moves to macro mode automatically..........and it is really great macro shot.

now with that said..............i am on my 3rd..........other 2 had minor leaks..........and where replaced free of charge by canon after sending them back for review.

is there such a thing as a minor leak on a camera?????................ 8)

Sturgn

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2006
Here are some Pictures I took with the Pentax w90 in the microscope mode, it has 4 soft white LED's to light the target.(See below)

ken1.JPG

ken2.JPG

ken3.JPG

OP
OP
D

digum smacks

all i can say is WOW.on that pentax,and its waterproof also? looks like that might be the one,have to thinkhard about that 1.its around $275?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions