What's new

Camera

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Does anyone have a suggestion on a camera that wont cost an arm and a leg to photograph my finds to post on this forum. and catalog of course.

I would like to treat myself to a nice Christmas's gift but have a limited budget.

The cameras we have floating around the house are nice but not getting the job done to my satisfaction.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mojo
 
Upvote 0
the one i use is old as the hills but i like it and it gets the job done. it takes photos to a disc. i then put the disc in and upload from there, i like it because it takes the required size photo and i don't have to resize. about the only place you might find one like this would be on ebay (or fee bay). they should be pretty cheap because almost no one i know uses a cameara like this anymore.
 
Cameras are getting pretty good these days, you may be able to get a used one that is good enough off Craigslist, ebay, or some other such site as well.
 
Someone had mentioned a certain brand or subset within a brand with a super duper nifty micro feature for AWESOME coin closeups. I can't remember which one was it was.... but DEF keep an eye out for that feature! =)

~Dave
 
I use pretty expensive camera for my closeups, but if you want something for great closeups just for coins (as you already have other digital cameras for other stuff) I say get a scanner for your computer. They are relitivley cheap and can give you a lot of closeup detail, just a thought.

On your cameras that you already own, are you using them on the correct setting for taking closeups? On mine its a leaf icon. Try the ones you already have, you might just be able to save some money. :thumbsup:
 
TreasureFiend said:
I use pretty expensive camera for my closeups, but if you want something for great closeups just for coins (as you already have other digital cameras for other stuff) I say get a scanner for your computer. They are relitivley cheap and can give you a lot of closeup detail, just a thought.

On your cameras that you already own, are you using them on the correct setting for taking closeups? On mine its a leaf icon. Try the ones you already have, you might just be able to save some money. :thumbsup:

Will do thanks for the info :thumbsup:

BBcardsRI said:
Someone had mentioned a certain brand or subset within a brand with a super duper nifty micro feature for AWESOME coin closeups. I can't remember which one was it was.... but DEF keep an eye out for that feature! =)

~Dave

Yea I seem to remember something like that .... Was it a coolpix 7 megapixel or something or the other?

Mojo
 
I personally use a Nikon Coolpix P3...8.1 megapixels. It's a couple years old now, but seems to work pretty well for closeups as well as for a regular camera.
 
I like the Sony T series.
I have had a T-200 for over a year now and love it.
indexCA5QR0ZW.webp
indexCAO9XG8Y.webp
The latest is the T-700 I think :icon_scratch: They keep making new ones :P . If you can find a used T-200 it should be cheaper
DSC-T200 (September 2007, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 8.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom)
DSC-T300 (March 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 10.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom)
DSC-T500 (October 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 10.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom, 720p HD Movies)
DSC-T700 (September 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 4 GB internal memory , 10.1 megapixel, 4x optical zoom)
The Sony cameras have magnifying glass mode, a sort of zoomed macro mode.
Great for close up shots.

Here is a post with pics.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,119168.0.html

HH,
Donny

Let me know if you want to see some more pics or just check some of my posts.
 
djabend said:
I like the Sony T series.
I have had a T-200 for over a year now and love it.




The latest is the T-700 I think :icon_scratch: They keep making new ones :P . If you can find a used T-200 it should be cheaper
DSC-T200 (September 2007, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 8.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom)
DSC-T300 (March 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 10.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom)
DSC-T500 (October 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 10.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom, 720p HD Movies)
DSC-T700 (September 2008, 3.5" touch panel LCD, 4 GB internal memory , 10.1 megapixel, 4x optical zoom)
The Sony cameras have magnifying glass mode, a sort of zoomed macro mode.
Great for close up shots.

Here is a post with pics.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,119168.0.html

HH,
Donny

Let me know if you want to see some more pics or just check some of my posts.

Thanks Donny Great camera.

Mojo
 
I have the Sony T-200. It has a great macro lens for those closeup shots. I would highly recommend it.
 
About 5 years ago I bought a digital camera, and it works great for me. I saw one recently brand new in a store for under $50. It took me some time to learn about the micro feature, but I have it down pat now.

It is a Cannon Powershot A520 with 4.0 megapixels. Ill attach some photos to show you the detail I get with it. Yes, they all happen to be finds, I dont take close ups of much else.

Hope this helps,
Anthony
 

Attachments

  • classy.webp
    classy.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 178
  • pirate1.webp
    pirate1.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 176
  • silver flower.webp
    silver flower.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 168
  • whopper6.webp
    whopper6.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 173
  • classy.webp
    classy.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 187
  • lattice2.webp
    lattice2.webp
    33 KB · Views: 178
  • pirate1.webp
    pirate1.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 185
  • silver flower.webp
    silver flower.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 170
  • whopper6.webp
    whopper6.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom