Camp Logan

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe in October. that's the next time I'll be down for any length of time

OP
OP
DirtyTrinkitDigger

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe in October. that's the next time I'll be down for any length of time

I went to Memorial park Friday but didn't hunt the Camp Logan portion. I hunted an old part of the park that is hardly used anymore. I went to better my skills with my Tesoro Vaquero and to clean the mid layer of trash for my next hunt. While doing this, I found a lot of older clad which leads me to believe that this area has never been, or hunted very very little. I stayed in a small area for almost 2 hours. My settings were set right on the edge of copper and above. I cleaned out about 100 screw caps and a little bit of can slaw. I did manage to pull a '39 Merc and a '61 Rosie out of the small area I worked. I will be posting them later today. I will be going back to clean the top layer of trash such as pull tabs and foil. After this is done, I will be returning with my deep machine.
How have your hunts been going? Good I hope. Well, it's been nice communicating with a fellow detectorist but now I gotta get ready for church but of course you know the saying, "I would rather be hunting"
Keep in touch and hh,
DTD

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past few months there have been several instances of 'park personnel' asking people with detectors to leave the area. No formal rules against us being there but if they get their 'I'm in charge' dander up we just might get banned from there. So, I suggest you hunt it on weekends, early and late and do your best to remain unnoticed as much as possible. It is a great area to hunt for really old stuff!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting has been good. Mens gold wedding band a few weeks ago, a ladies gold and opal ring a few weeks before that.

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with DTD (dirtytrinkitdigger) on Saturday morning at Camp Logan for some morning swings. We must have been out there for about 4 1/2hrs. It was so hot out there. Had an awsome day though. Found a silver bracelett with turqouis. Also found an 1906 Indian Head Penny. Holy crap I was trippin. First silver and first Indian. What a day! It was nice to meet you DTD. Till next time!!!

2013-07-14 22.23.56.png

ForumRunner_20130714_225031.png

ForumRunner_20130714_225137.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130714_225112.png
    ForumRunner_20130714_225112.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 73
  • ForumRunner_20130714_225127.png
    ForumRunner_20130714_225127.png
    113 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtyTrinkitDigger

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jmann69 that was some awesome finds out there. Lets see what comes out of the ground next time. Until then, hh.
DTD

OP
OP
DirtyTrinkitDigger

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past few months there have been several instances of 'park personnel' asking people with detectors to leave the area. No formal rules against us being there but if they get their 'I'm in charge' dander up we just might get banned from there. So, I suggest you hunt it on weekends, early and late and do your best to remain unnoticed as much as possible. It is a great area to hunt for really old stuff!

Hello jas415,
I try and talk with all the grounds keepers out there when I see them and when they ask what I have found, I show them all the glass, bottle caps, pull tabs and other trash that I have picked up and so far I have not been bothered although I rarely hunt the park. I stay mostly in the woods. I will post if there are any developments with the grounds keepers.
Hh,
DTD

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds !

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks pkb, im still like "WHOA" cool. Awesome feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread