Campfire Chicken and Roasted Onions.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I camp alot and so trying to find easy better food than roasted hotdogs is my goal.

Take a nice fat cheeken. Dig a hole in your firepit. Fill it with round stones and dump coals over them. Then take a cast iron pan and place a few rocks about two or three inches around in it. Heat up the rocks. Season your chicken with everything you like,pepper,garlic,onions and rub it with olive oil. Once the rocks have heated up,place them inside the chicken cavity. Wrap the entire chicken with several layers of tinfoil and place on coal bed and walk away for about three hours. You will return to a nice roasted juicy chicken dinner where the meat just falls off the bones.

Take whole peeled onions and cut them in half...sprinkle with seasoning and olive oil. Wrap in tin foil and bury in the coal covered rocks.About 30 minutes you have nice delicious roasted onions...Yum

I also like to take diced potatoes,garlic cloves,onions, peppers and slab bacon and wrap in tinfoil and bury in rocks.Yum...

The trick is getting back to the campfire before the bears....LOL

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
...and remember bares can be very fast around food and beautiful camping women! :D

grizzly bare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread