DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in this small hamlet called campville between owego and endicott ny. Its got a lot of history to it and theres a park right behind my house called campville commons. Im an unsure of the date of the park, and i dont kno how to find out how old it is. If anyone can help in finding out how old this park is, i would appreciate it. I know theres a couple trails down there and they might be old as well, but i dont want to waste my time detecting them if they arent that old.

?

As you already know I don't know anything about the Commons, even though I only lived about 5 miles down the road towards Endicott, in Crestview Heights, but I always thought Owego would be a good place to try. Have you tried that area?

By the way... If you get into Camp Choconut (now Camp Susquehannock), let me know. I'd like to know what I left at that site. I detected there for several years, after the camp closed for the season.

When I run accross sites like this, I do what I like to call a survey. I'll Spend just a quick hour hitting various areas within the site and see what my finds are. If I'm finding lotsa clad or older wheaties etc... then it's a good prospect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back