DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in this small hamlet called campville between owego and endicott ny. Its got a lot of history to it and theres a park right behind my house called campville commons. Im an unsure of the date of the park, and i dont kno how to find out how old it is. If anyone can help in finding out how old this park is, i would appreciate it. I know theres a couple trails down there and they might be old as well, but i dont want to waste my time detecting them if they arent that old.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As you already know I don't know anything about the Commons, even though I only lived about 5 miles down the road towards Endicott, in Crestview Heights, but I always thought Owego would be a good place to try. Have you tried that area?

By the way... If you get into Camp Choconut (now Camp Susquehannock), let me know. I'd like to know what I left at that site. I detected there for several years, after the camp closed for the season.

T

The.Boomer

When I run accross sites like this, I do what I like to call a survey. I'll Spend just a quick hour hitting various areas within the site and see what my finds are. If I'm finding lotsa clad or older wheaties etc... then it's a good prospect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread