can any one help me???

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
i was talking to a guy and he was telling me he had a piece of glass worth 600.00 and i think i may have a piece of that glass!!! what happened there was a nuclear power plant that had a error or a mistake and it like melted a bunch of sand into glass! i was wondering if any one knew any thing about it???
any info apreciated! i would like to get a pic of a peice of glass from it! and any thing else you might know

Upvote 0

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
SkyPirate said:
Golden1 said:
It take's more than just sand to make glass :wink:

G1

Glass is a combination of sand, flint, spar, or some other silicious substances, with one or other of the fixed alkalies, and in some cases with a metallic oxide. Of the alkalies, soda is commonly preferred.

;D

G1

Happyspider

Oct 22, 2008
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites/Minelab
Kanyontreasures said:
i was talking to a guy and he was telling me he had a piece of glass worth 600.00 and i think i may have a piece of that glass!!!

Def post a picture of it...there was a type of glass that was produced mid century I belived called "vaseline glass" (as I've heard it called) that is a yellowish/green color that was made with uranium salt...it always reminded me of the color of antifreeze. I had a few pieces that were "salt pinch" containers, but value-wise wasn't but a few dollars apiece. Google that info to see if it matches your glass. Maybe not, hope yours is something really good, but inquiring minds want to know...

-Happyspider

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread