can any one help me???

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
i was talking to a guy and he was telling me he had a piece of glass worth 600.00 and i think i may have a piece of that glass!!! what happened there was a nuclear power plant that had a error or a mistake and it like melted a bunch of sand into glass! i was wondering if any one knew any thing about it???
any info apreciated! i would like to get a pic of a peice of glass from it! and any thing else you might know

Upvote 0

hammong

Aug 29, 2009
Kanyontreasures said:
i was talking to a guy and he was telling me he had a piece of glass worth 600.00 and i think i may have a piece of that glass!!! what happened there was a nuclear power plant that had a error or a mistake and it like melted a bunch of sand into glass! i was wondering if any one knew any thing about it???
any info apreciated! i would like to get a pic of a peice of glass from it! and any thing else you might know

I'll take some of whatever you're drinking, please! ;D

Greg

OP
OP
Kanyontreasures

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
ummmm i am not drinking any thing but here is some coffe :coffee2: :thumbsup:

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about something that might have happened at the INL site. Or "The site" as the people of southern Idaho call it.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hammong said:
Kanyontreasures said:

I'll take some of whatever you're drinking, please! ;D

Greg

Hope not, says he is 13 years old. (other thread)

But I will have that drink for him. ;D

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I keep reading many more posts, I'm going to need a couple of ddddddd doublessssss NAH days out metal
detecting to get my head on straight. :headbang: Kanyon.....no drinking, bud....but more days detecting. OK? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kanyontreasures

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
pennyfarmer said:
Are you talking about something that might have happened at the INL site. Or "The site" as the people of southern Idaho call it.
yes

OP
OP
Kanyontreasures

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
hikeinmts said:
If I keep reading many more posts, I'm going to need a couple of ddddddd doublessssss NAH days out metal
detecting to get my head on straight. :headbang: Kanyon.....no drinking, bud....but more days detecting. OK? :thumbsup:
hay man i am with you there i need to get out! i am biting at the bit but the only thing is i can not drive cause i am 13

Call me a Plumber

Dec 17, 2007
If it has anything to do with superheating sand into glass then it might be hot and I dont mean five finger hot. I mean it might be radioactive! Be careful and dont handle it have it tested. The Plumber.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
so he ends up having 3 headed babies that weigh 9,000 lbs and crave human brains, you guys are just a bunch of worry warts.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanyontreasures said:
pennyfarmer said:
yes

I have had a few friends that worked out there and trained out there. I don't think there has ever been a reactor meltdown at Idaho national laboratories. I am pretty sure that my crazy friends would have told me some stories. I was in the reserves with them and we had nothing but time so I heard plenty of stories. Your friend might just misunderstand what ever he was told.

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most nuclear blasts or meltdowns can make a mineral known as Trinitite if there is enough silicates in the soil/sand. Pretty stuff. Also known as nuclear tourmaline because of its green to red appearance based on the types of metals that were around the blast (iron, aluminum, copper). Research the specific site the sample came from and see what similar pieces are going for. The "pearl" varieties are worth a lot more!! :) HH!!!

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanyontreasures said:
hikeinmts said:
hay man i am with you there i need to get out! i am biting at the bit but the only thing is i can not drive cause i am 13

Ride your bike!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread