• jurojin.jpg
    jurojin.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 334
OP
OP
Bulgarian

Bulgarian

Sep 1, 2005
OK SEEMS LIKE i GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME. THIS STATUETTE I CAME ACROSS WHILE "TREASURE HUNTING" IN AN ANTIQUE STORE. IT IS JUROJIN - CHINESE GOD OF LONGEVITY. IT IS ABOUT 9 INCHES TALL AND MADE OF SILVER WITH SOME PARTS GOLD PLATED. I WAS TOLD IT'S PRE-1800s. ANY IDEAS ABOUT HOW OLD IT REALLY IS AND IT'S VALUE ?

THANKS

Bulgarian

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Do a Google search on " immortal riding deer. " This is a classic subject in Oriental art, and you should get a number of hits.

Also, try an "Oriental Art" or "Orientalia" search at www.maloneysonline.com for a list of dealers, collectors, and other experts who will be able to help you.

Upvote 0

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First glance, and I have several dealer friends who sell Chinese "antiques?" It is not old. An original in a early time frame would be in far worse shape than that is. ( and would not be plated I am thinking.) I have found that 99 percent of Chinese art objects on the market are fresh from the factory. Not to say that I am wrong but, thats one reason I have steered clear of Oriental collectables...
DG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bulgarian

Bulgarian

Sep 1, 2005
guys thank you for all your help !!!

PBK i EMAILED THE PIC TO A APPRAISER ON ASIAN ART FROM THE DIRECTORY. THIS IS A GREAT RESOURCE. THANK YOU

DG39 THE STATUETTE IS ON SALE FOR ABOUT 100 BUCKS. I HAVENT BOUGHT IT YET BECAUSE IT SEEMS NEW TO ME ALSO. THANKS FOR THE WARNING

Bulgarian

Upvote 0

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dg39 said:
First glance, and I have several dealer friends who sell Chinese "antiques?" It is not old. An original in a early time frame would be in far worse shape than that is. ( and would not be plated I am thinking.) I have found that 99 percent of Chinese art objects on the market are fresh from the factory. Not to say that I am wrong but, thats one reason I have steered clear of Oriental collectables...
DG
I agree. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread