Can anyone help me magnetometers? Should I get one and what kind?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... But then again I don't know the "science" to it?

Let me save you some time. They will call it "un-discovered science" . Just like people once thought the earth was flat, or that heavier than air flight was impossible, etc... They resort to this when they finally get forced into a corner being shown there is utterly no science/proof behind it.

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But my point being if it can work with water, why not other things? And we should give a map to that area we have hunted at and give it to the dowsing area, see if they come up with anything!! lol Just for fun.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... if you can dowse for water you could dowse for other things?...

To which they would rely on testimonials, where they, or someone(s) found treasure this way. But dig deeper and it will fall apart. Like notice they're "pinpointing" (after finding the general area) with a metal detector. And, of course, after researching to go to likely spots in the first place. Are you beginning to get the picture ?

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do get the picture but I still think it might be able to be done, I have never searched online about it, but I don't believe most of the things I read online anyways.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
But my point being if it can work with water, why not other things? And we should give a map to that area we have hunted at and give it to the dowsing area, see if they come up with anything!! lol Just for fun.

The problem with doing this is the same problem with psychics. They throw a bunch of stuff out there and if something sticks they claim success. The things that are wrong are forgotten about or explained away.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The problem with doing this is the same problem with psychics. They throw a bunch of stuff out there and if something sticks they claim success. The things that are wrong are forgotten about or explained away.

Correct. It's called memory bias. Wave enough sticks and rods at enough likely looking ruins, dig enough holes, and .... sure: You will eventually (gasp) find metal. Heck maybe even a goodie. And you'll take a picture, make a testimonial, and say: "look what my coat hanger found !" But when you ask those folks to submit it to a double blind test, you will hear the sound of crickets chirping.

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, but how can it be possible for water? Like I said on our crew one of our guys finds old lines that yes we know they are in an area of 20'x20' and out of the thousand digs he has never been wrong, he walks along the area the rods come together he marks the ground and moves again, marks another area, then our excavator digs at those spots and every time he found the old lines. Cant just be luck to hit it dead on like he does.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me help. Apparantly the point isn't getting thru:

It ISNT possible with water. Period. Its a scam, same as witchery and hexes.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Cant just be luck to hit it dead on like he does.

Re-read post #19

And there's a dirty little secret here: Water can be found (drumroll ....) anywhere leaves fall.

And see this clip, specifically starting at 12:40:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....And there's a dirty little secret here: Water can be found (drumroll ....) anywhere leaves fall.....
There's not a spot on earth that doesn't have water under it. You just have to drill down far enough.

People that call themselves dowsers (or magicians, or witches, or whatevers) and can actually do some good are those that understand the concept of a water table, gravity, watershed and the geologic bedding in the immediate area and how all those features interact to find the water at the shallowest well depth. Also plant species and lushness can play a part in finding that spot. These old timers that grew up in the backwoods and honestly think that they are dowsing are really just using what they have learned in life about reading their environment.

In geology Field Camp, during some down time, one of my profs showed us how to manipulate "dowsing rods" (bent coathangers) so that no one could ever tell we were directing the action of the rods. I've fooled more than one rube with that trick before showing him what i was doing and how silly it is.

Science and the Scientific Method. Anecdotal data. Look up the difference. It matters.

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I know there is water all around, I am talking about some of our old water pipes, in Oakland we used to run redwood water pipes, which i know of 2 lines that were found dowsing. I have witnessed finding the older lines that were run in the teens and not mapped correctly in downtown oakland by dowsing... Im talking about a water line, not a pocket of water for drilling. I've seen him do this numerous times where it is more than just luck...

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone here want to buy some almost pure silicon dioxide Energy Crystals?
Several people I have spoken with say they take away everyday aches and pains and leave you feeling like you can run a marathon. I also can sell a small jar of semi-microcrystals that have been naturally tumbled by Mother Nature but those are going to cost a bit extra.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread