What's new

✅ SOLVED Can anyone help with signature

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This signature if driving me nuts
Obviously it’s S.C. ……… I can’t get the last name
 

Attachments

  • 8F6143C4-7C48-47AC-8261-EF30BBF2DD2B.webp
    8F6143C4-7C48-47AC-8261-EF30BBF2DD2B.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 146
  • F00C4937-BD75-4135-B42A-2AE7984269F5.webp
    F00C4937-BD75-4135-B42A-2AE7984269F5.webp
    91.9 KB · Views: 101
  • FFA40D81-5772-4E95-8CD7-46228FBCE57A.webp
    FFA40D81-5772-4E95-8CD7-46228FBCE57A.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 106
Solution
If you look at the painting name "Saturday morning" the r in morning is the same as the two r's in the last name which I believe is S.C. Maurer. Just the similarities I see in the signature and the painting name.
If you look at the painting name "Saturday morning" the r in morning is the same as the two r's in the last name which I believe is S.C. Maurer. Just the similarities I see in the signature and the painting name.
 
Upvote 5
Solution
If you look at the painting name "Saturday morning" the r in morning is the same as the two r's in the last name which I believe is S.C. Maurer. Just the similarities I see in the signature and the painting name.
Nice notice!
 
Upvote 3
If you look at the painting name "Saturday morning" the r in morning is the same as the two r's in the last name which I believe is S.C. Maurer. Just the similarities I see in the signature and the painting name.
You are correct.
 
Upvote 3
Those are very old formal script, "r" s. Only one Jr. High teacher in about 1985, forced me to use them in papers!
However, the S. C. like they were added later by a different hand(which is don,,)
I can't find any "SC Maurer' artists when I search.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 1
I am with Back of the Boat. Nice call
 
Upvote 2

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom