Can anyone tell me name of fossils/crystal

Definitely agate, the one on the left has been dyed, the one on the right looks like a septarian nodule. Or possibly fossilized wood.

Are these nice ones or the junk ones

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. I personally don't like the dyed ones because they are not natural, but many folks like them on their window sills. The one on the right may be a septarian nodule as Smokey says, but it may also be an agate thunder egg. There really is no definition of nice or junk ones, I find the center one quite pleasing but it's only my particular taste. I am a lapidary so I look at most agates as something to cut up and polish into cabochons for jewelry and I never used dyed stones for that purpose as I like my jewelry to be all natural. Many people collect and display the slabs like yours as specimens since there are an infinite variety of colors and patterns in agates from around the world.

Photo 3 is lightning stone. Google it, I don't think it involves lightning. Just the name

Like the guitar playing inyo....... Very talented

I already said, it didn't involve lightning. It's the way it forms and resembles lighting is how it got its name

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back