What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Can somebody did this button for me

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I know what it is but I’d love a second opinion
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    731.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    605.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Not much to go on... Turn of the 19th C gilt button. Up to maybe 1830's? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 2
Maybe this?
gilt flat button.webp

This button to 1780-1816 & possibly later according to McGuinn and Bazelon's "American Military Buttons Makers and Dealers; Their Backmarks and Dates."

Can you make out anything else on the back?
 
Upvote 3
Maybe this?
View attachment 2012079
This button to 1780-1816 & possibly later according to McGuinn and Bazelon's "American Military Buttons Makers and Dealers; Their Backmarks and Dates."

Can you make out anything else on the back?
That might make sense I found it where I find all my 1812 war buttons
 
Upvote 0
Not much to go on... Turn of the 19th C gilt button. Up to maybe 1830's?
The shank is in the bowl I had a feeling it was an old one but wasn’t quite sure the story of my life
 
Upvote 1
Maybe this?
View attachment 2012079
This button to 1780-1816 & possibly later according to McGuinn and Bazelon's "American Military Buttons Makers and Dealers; Their Backmarks and Dates."

Can you make out anything else on the back?
I think all mine has is the word guilt I really can’t make out anything else
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom