What's new

Can someone ID this sword?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
This sword and holder were found in a basement in a very old section of Pittsburgh and I am trying to find any information on it. I have been over it many times and have not found a single marking. It is fairly well rusted/corroded, however with some penetrating oil I was able to get it out of its sheath. Can anyone identify it?

picture1609.jpg


picture1608.jpg


picture1607.jpg


picture1606-1.jpg


picture1605.jpg


picture1610.jpg
 
Model 1840 Light Artillery saber.
 

Attachments

  • 1840art1.webp
    1840art1.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 317
  • m1840las.webp
    m1840las.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
Nice sword DrDetector :icon_sunny: and great ID Lucas :icon_thumright:

Finding the sword with the scabbard makes it a more valuable find. I would probably look into getting it restored.

Green check :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom