What's new

Can someone identify this Buckle please?

WalterWitt

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it at the water's edge at a Revolutionary War Encampment near a 4BP (4th Battalion Pennsylvania) Uniform Button I dug about a foot down. Looks like a Uniform Buckle, but I can't place it. Has someone seen one like it before?
-Walter
 

Attachments

  • Buckle.webp
    Buckle.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 73
The general consensus is that your buckle is a saddle buckle.
 
Upvote 0
Found it at the water's edge at a Revolutionary War Encampment near a 4BP (4th Battalion Pennsylvania) Uniform Button I dug about a foot down. Looks like a Uniform Buckle, but I can't place it. Has someone seen one like it before?
-Walter
Welcome to Tnet.

Yes, we have seen quite a few posted. You haven't given a size, but most are pretty small. I think they are roughly late 19th C, & as stated above, probably to do with horse tack of some description.
 
Upvote 0
I'm with Crusader and put it in the 19th century. Depending on size it might have been for horse equipment.
 
Upvote 0
It’s a saddle strap/adornment it dates late 1700s
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom