can someone post a link to various copper arrowheads of the fur traders?

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I'm trying to identify arrowheads that were discovered in a wisconsin estate. The man was an arrowhead collector but these points do not look like chipped arrowheads. They look like they were created from copper tubing. I do not have them in my possession and have only seen a very poor photograph. I'm mainly looking for anything similar so that we can do a better comparison. The heir is over 80 years old and the pieces belonged to his father. thanks so much, siegfried schlagrule

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Just wonder if these might actually be ancient Copper Culture points. Some have a socketed base which makes them look as if they might have been fashioned from a piece of copper tubing. In fact, they were hammered from native copper. A couple of examples are shown below.

If that's what they are, here's a site with more info, including a links page:

http://copperculture.homestead.com/

c10-316x82.jpg object_copperpoint.jpg

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
What I've seen from the poor photo these are similar but the sockets and blades are very smooth like modern tubing. They would have to have been made sometime in the modern era hopefully by the fur traders. There are also two sizes of them. I'll ask for the measurements and send them in when they arrive. Thank you for the photo. regards, siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
I now have relatively good color xerox copies of the three points showing the conical base. If anyone is willing to post them to this forum I will mail you a copy. You can pm your address if you wish to remain anonymous. thanks, siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Shemanese said:
I can't help you but am waiting on the pics.

hopefully someone will step forward before i misplace the xerox copies. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Through the kindness of Atlantis0077 the color xerox has now been posted.
He put it in the copper culture and arrowheads forums. Please take a look
and let us know what you think and know. regards, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread