Whyme
Silver Member
- Joined
- Aug 22, 2007
- Messages
- 3,731
- Reaction score
- 5,452
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Western New York
- Detector(s) used
- CTX-3030, Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I was searching through $50 in pennies with my Ryedale when I spotted a 1943 steel penny. I threw it in the Ryedale and it went in the zinc tray. I expected this to happen. But it got me wondering about Indian Head pennies. So I took a 1901 95% copper IH and threw it in the machine..... and to my suprise it ended up in the zinc bin. All 3 of my IH's ended up in the zinc bin
I thought copper pennies were separated from the zincs?? Is the IH so different from the Lincoln penny that the Ryedale thinks it's zinc? Or is my Ryedale defective? Or does this happen with all the Ryedale machines? Could someone test this for me please?
I thought copper pennies were separated from the zincs?? Is the IH so different from the Lincoln penny that the Ryedale thinks it's zinc? Or is my Ryedale defective? Or does this happen with all the Ryedale machines? Could someone test this for me please?
Upvote
0
I don't like the idea of changing the settings and re doing the pennies. Seems like a waste of time for me. I'm mainly using the machine to find the coppers and then search for wheats, but I'm thinking of saving some of the coppers for future use. I've got it set now where 98% of the zinc's go to one bin and all the IH's and the coppers go into the other bin, with the odd zinc ending up with the coppers. That's OK with me because I search the coppers for wheats. Seems like if I could change the speed of the feed it would be 100%.







