can tab info

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The early tabs have a u shaped puller for the tab. The "u" is solid aluminum. They ran from 1962 to approx1966. Ring came out in 1967ish. With many styles until the stay with can version in the late 70s or so. Let me know if you need pics of them.

OP
OP
C

creattionz

Aug 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ya if someone could post pics with possible date ranges that be great.
Im gonna get some good hunting in soon I will post some that I am confused by also

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for not getting to it sooner. The tabs in the top row all range from approximately1962-66.

tabs in bottom with the small ring pull on left of row are earlier versions from about 1967-70. The tabs on far right that have hole big enough for finger to actually fit in are after that.

As you can imagine there are many versions not pictured here but most are very similar to these.

Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    991.8 KB · Views: 83

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for not getting to it sooner. The tabs in the top row all range from approximately1962-66.

tabs in bottom with the small ring pull on left of row are earlier versions from about 1967-70. The tabs on far right that have hole big enough for finger to actually fit in are after that.

As you can imagine there are many versions not pictured here but most are very similar to these.

Hope this helps you.

Interesting. I've never seen any like the U shaped ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread