Hihosilver
Full Member
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2013
- Messages
- 235
- Reaction score
- 189
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Eastern Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
So I was wondering about the Elderado, plastic box/small housing version. I like the fact that it used the 5 pin coils, had manual GB, and frequency shift, like the Vaquero. It had ed180 as well, like the new Mojave, and it is in the 10khz frequency range, which is better for silver.
What is it's detection depth like?
I read that it can separate a dime from a quarter like the Outlaw, but how well did it disc out iron with that ed180, was it chattery or quiet in trashy sites?
Have been thinking about giving the Outlaw another chance (rather than try a Vaq.) but the Elderado seems to have everything the Vaq had, without the red button, and the ability to toggle to all metal mode, plus it uses the epsilon coils, so I can stay in the same family of coils as the golden u max and the Mojave (if I pick one up later).
So how would you compare the three (Outlaw vs Elderado vs Vaquero)?
What is it's detection depth like?
I read that it can separate a dime from a quarter like the Outlaw, but how well did it disc out iron with that ed180, was it chattery or quiet in trashy sites?
Have been thinking about giving the Outlaw another chance (rather than try a Vaq.) but the Elderado seems to have everything the Vaq had, without the red button, and the ability to toggle to all metal mode, plus it uses the epsilon coils, so I can stay in the same family of coils as the golden u max and the Mojave (if I pick one up later).
So how would you compare the three (Outlaw vs Elderado vs Vaquero)?
Last edited:
. Depth wasn't overly impressive; was expecting better with that big coil, but it only seemed about the same as with the 8" donut.
. I did not find it much deeper than the 8" coil either, but it was NOTICEABLY heavier and put the Outlaw off balance. Plus, I only dared to use it in very open, less trashy areas for fear of masking good stuff under that large coil.










