What's new

Can you help me identify this

Bobquack

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 17, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug it in a cellar that I found 1893 Indian Head and 1909 Lincoln. It has a star in the middle and a thick long shank. Thanks, Bob
 

Attachments

  • E31390C6-7C9B-4C21-9BF7-B63AFBC181F5.webp
    E31390C6-7C9B-4C21-9BF7-B63AFBC181F5.webp
    210.8 KB · Views: 116
  • DB1CADB2-88A6-40C9-A663-6ACB4E3D8B8E.webp
    DB1CADB2-88A6-40C9-A663-6ACB4E3D8B8E.webp
    211.8 KB · Views: 88
  • EA09B38F-9195-4047-8176-5FEBB5D857D7.webp
    EA09B38F-9195-4047-8176-5FEBB5D857D7.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 238
Nice finds is the 09 a vdb
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet
 
Upvote 0
I always thought the record should be set straight on these rivets. They are not Civil War related as many have stated. They are simply part of a two piece Star Brand rivet which, once in place, was secured by a back "bur." They were made by the Coe Brass Manufacturing Company of Ansonia, Connecticut. Here is one of their packing crates that contained little cardboard boxes of rivets and burs. One of their competitors was the Townsend Company which made "Anchor Brand" rivets which we see dug and posted from time to time. Below is one of their little cardboard boxes.
 

Attachments

  • Star Rivet Coe Brass Mfg.webp
    Star Rivet Coe Brass Mfg.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 9.17.24 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 9.17.24 PM.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Coe Brass Star Rivet side.webp
    Coe Brass Star Rivet side.webp
    204.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your help
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Creskol! I have a couple of those, and now I know!
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, but Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom