What's new

Can you metal detect around old church?

DoubleBarrell86

Full Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2017
Messages
144
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found an old church that was build in the 1830's. People still go there not very many though. It has no grave yard. I didnt know if there is some kind of law from metal detecting churches? Jw
 
i would ask the pastor
 
Churches are private property...best to get permission.
 
i would ask the pastor

Thats what i need to know. I wld deffently ask permission first with out a doubt. I didnt know if there some kind of law. Thank you for the info
 
There are a few little known laws regarding metal detecting around churches. 1: No detecting on Sundays. 2: You must wear your best set of clothes while detecting. 3: 10% of everything you find must be tithed back to the church. 4: Only males (hymns) may detect, no females (hers).
 
Same laws as protect homes and factories. Trespassing is being on someone else's property without permission.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom