What's new

can you tell me why?

retiree

Full Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Grand Prairie,Texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250
why do schools and other places collect pull tabs vs.the whole can? there should be more weight with the whole can. A differance inthe aluminum maybe? Just curious.
 
I don't know if they collect them to sell or not.I thouight maybe it was to keep more litter from happening and that was one way the companies were helping????
 
retiree said:
why do schools and other places collect pull tabs vs.the whole can? there should be more weight with the whole can. A differance inthe aluminum maybe? Just curious.

there is no difference

see "Snopes"

pull tabs just take longer to add up.

so it's easier to Convince
people to "Give" Them away
 
I was told that they receive $15 for a gallon jug full of pull tabs. I just don't know why. But McDonalds collects them all the time..Matt
 
Dunno why but my daughter, saves pull tabs for the children's hospital in Milwaukee .. How exactly they use the tabs no clue but, either sponsor's or some one gives them so much for either tab or quantity, that's all I know..I had heard once it was in connection with Ronald Mc Donald house, true or not no clue...
 
There's obviously a bounty on those vermin! M :wink: nty
 
I think it's just a charitable way to make a donation. But try deducting pulltabs on your income tax return. :wink:
 
Collecting the cans themselves is bulkier, and messier, which could constitute mor of a health hazard.

It's not so much for the money, but to encourage community involvement.

There will be many who donate cash at any 'drive'.
 
My mother saves them or used to save them. Apparently one pull tab equals one night stay at a Ronald McDonald house for a family or something to that extent. I always tell her I don't think that is true, but I have seen somewhere else where it was mentioned.
 
it seems like at one time they had something to do with fun raisers.
 
My daughter spent quite a bit of time at the Ronald McDonald house during her pregnancy with Dani and after Dani was born. They do have collection boxes for the pulltabs there......so donate the pulltab to the Ronald McDonald house then you still get to turn your can in for the 5 cents as well. :thumbsup:
 
I think it is because the tab pure and is cheaper to recycle than the can with impurity's of the logo on it
 
You've seen those emails saying that Bill Gates was gonna give you $100
for forwarding an email? Yeah right. How about the one where you are
gonna get a free dinner at the restaurant of your choice for telling them
who you voted for? Yeah right. Well this is just Ken White's way to give
back to the treasure hunting community. He gives 1/10th of a cent
bounty for them and they are turned in by the millions thus making life
a little nicer for all detector owners - not just the ones who buy White's.
Now before some holier than thou tries to accuse me of something illegal
let me state that I made that up as a joke to see how many people
actually read the entire post they respond to. We will know from the
comments who does and does not read them. siegfried schlagrule
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom