can you waterproof a classic111 control box any ideas?

thebeatmachine

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2007
I just did this mod. I bought a Plexiglass waterproof box At Dick's sporing goods in the boating section. It will house the whole controll box, no problem. You take apart the control box and use a drill to pop the two rivets that hold it to the upper shaft. Remove the pinpoint trigger and wire and figure out how youre going to waterproof it, or live with out it. I attachet it to the control box. Now you mount the plexibox to the shaft the same way the aluminum one was. I used some stainless bolts in place of the rivetts and bolted the shaft to the plexibox. If you are wondering how I hook up the coil, I cut the wire off the plug. I drilled a small hole at the bottom of the lower shaft and fed it all the way up to through the rod size clip, and through the S handle and through the rectangular hole that previously fed the pinpoint wire. I soldered the plug back on in side the box. The socked for the coil plug won't fit the plug while in the plexibox. you unbolt it from the aluminim housing and unplug its harness you feed the harness through the hole left from the pinpoint wires. and plug it back in. Now the socket is on top of the box. Use caulk and gorilla glue to seal the hole in the shaft and the bolt holes. The water tight box fits the knobs. Headphones
I am still working on. but it can go without them. test in a bathtub with no box for leaks. Use velcro to fasten control box to plexi box. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread