Can you write Big Silver?

Masterdan407

Sep 8, 2013
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting at a school near where I go to college and I wasn't finding that much. Then I got a weird hit on my Ace 250 but I decided to dig it anyway. I got down 5-6 inches and there was a large rock but my pin pointer was going off. I got the rock out of the hole which got my down a few more inches then I dug maybe another half an inch down and a shiny long piece of metal came out. I was surprised to see a silver mechanical pencil in the hole. I found the top of it in the hole and it reads, "Salzsta-Sharp N.Y. USA Pat. Dec 23, 1919 Sterling" Sorry about the pictures but it was dark outside and the lighting in my dorm isn't very good.

IMG_20141020_200133_857.jpg

IMG_20141020_200201_293.jpg

IMG_20141020_200226_794.jpg

Upvote 11
Find some ink and use that silver pen in class! Maybe it will give you luck! :icon_thumleft:

:notworthy: Congrats on super silver find! :notworthy: I've never seen a silver mechanical pencil on t-net before & I think it's cool. Enlarged your pics & had no problem seeing them clearly. Sometimes we find the best items when we least expect it. I'd put lead in that pencil & try it out -- if you use soft lead, might be a good sketching pencil. Have Fun! Andi

That was a very nice piece in it's day and probably carried by some spoiled little brat. Glad he lost it lol! Finding that would have put lead in my pencil!

That's nice!! I would guess that it was part of a silver anniversary set. Tony

That's an awesome find.

"NOPE" almost never happens here !!!

A Very nice Piece Indeed.
Congratz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back