What's new

Canada Day Find

WawaDuane

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2013
Messages
393
Reaction score
1,624
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today and it was certainly a Happy Canada Day for me. Canada only started making coins in 1858 so we weren't minting much money when this was made.

IMG_8111.webp
IMG_8112.webp
IMG_8114.webp
 
Upvote 34
very cool, love those old Canadian LCs!

good job
 
Great job, not only a oldie of a beautiful type, but a nice preserved and detailed one.
 
Nice digs. Good looking coin.
 
Awesome coin, and there are some valuable varieties of the 1859 I believe...
 
A new young country from three colonies around her first birthday.
Great recovery to hold a piece of the past.
 
very nice.

Cleaned up to be a pretty coin.
 
nice find wawa, I'm wondering if it's a double punch nine, this year has some good collector varieties that bring some good dollars. Nice dig.
 
Awesome dig!!! :occasion14: I'd be so stoked after digging that.
 
Wow! That thing is in great shape!
 
WAWA ,HAHA SHE SURE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!
 
Nice find especially the condition, sweet!
 
Seems you found it in sweet soil, the condition is Wow. Still wishing for mine, super find, worth a few bucks i think. Congrats!
 
Last edited:
Very nice find. Congrats.
 
Awesome! That's an early one
 
Really nice old coin.
Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom