Canadian Geese.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every sunday afternoon I would go down to the valley & feed the geese. I made friends with a sweet one, he followed me everywhere. the only trouble was I sure got a hell of a lot of poop on my shoes. :-\ But it was fun.

Molly. :)

Attachments

• DOWN THE VALLEY-600.jpg
    DOWN THE VALLEY-600.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Canadian Geese, 300.jpg
    Canadian Geese, 300.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 191

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a 'bunch of geese', be careful, some like to take a nip or two, (of your leg). :P

Fossis............

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
That's funny Molly, I took Ty on adventure yesterday to go feed the Geese, Ducks, Swans..................except there was a sign saying "Do NOT feed the Waterfowl". :tongue3: We still had a bunch of fun watching them fish, chase each other, take off, land, just swim around. It was a beautiful day here with the sun shining and the snow melting, we took a ton of pictures I just need to download them for you Folks. :)

Sure is a nice friend to have, whats it's name? :wink:

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
That's a 'bunch of geese', be careful, some like to take a nip or two, (of your leg). :P

Fossis............
COUNTRY GIRL said:
That's funny Molly, I took Ty on adventure yesterday to go feed the Geese, Ducks, Swans..................except there was a sign saying "Do NOT feed the Waterfowl". :tongue3: We still had a bunch of fun watching them fish, chase each other, take off, land, just swim around. It was a beautiful day here with the sun shining and the snow melting, we took a ton of pictures I just need to download them for you Folks. :)

Sure is a nice friend to have, whats it's name? :wink:

His name is NIPPER LOL. & boy did he nip my butt.. ::)
Most of the time the rangers don't let you feed the birds because bread is supposed to be bad for them, causes constipation. :tard: Its ok to feed them seed. Thats what i started to buy them, when the No Feeding the birds sign went up. I was told I could, seen as those birds loved me. But you know its a little scarey to have around 200 at your feet..
Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Molly.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Excellent shots Molly, great detail in the head shot. They do make it difficult walking where they have been at!
Van

S

seger98

Likely Guy said:
Canada calling, it's almost springtime and we'd like our geese back.

Funny one! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised they let you walk around them, they must be pretty tame.

Now I'm gonna wait and see if Just-Geese has anything to say!

Nice photos.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely Guy said:

:D

VanGone said:
Excellent shots Molly, great detail in the head shot. They do make it difficult walking where they have been at!
Van

Thankyou Van, its not often one can get too close but, this one liked me OR liked the food. :D

Molly.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Likely Guy said:

Funny one! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised they let you walk around them, they must be pretty tame.

Now I'm gonna wait and see if Just-Geese has anything to say!

Nice photos.

Seger, its not the geese I had to worry about, it was the mute swans. I'll find those pics out.

Molly. (yeah, lets see what Just-geese has to say) :D

Likely Guy

Seger said "I'm surprised they let you walk around them, they must be pretty tame."

No, they're just typical Canadians when they're on holidays, you know, all 'nice nice'. Just wait 'til they get back home and have another clutch of goslings. Two years ago my lab bounded across the road to have a swim in the river and came across a family. The parents wing-slapped him black & blue.

American Bald Eagles however, are much more refined.

-Cheers

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the geese Molly, we had a local club hunt a few years ago and a guy and his wife planted some dimes for us to look for and while we were having our picnic the geese were in the hunt spot, when we went to hunt NO ONE found many of the dimes :icon_scratch: ;D

Likely Guy

Re: Just Geese.

His name's come up in this thread so I thought I'd add this...
Never knew him but today Just Geese wrote: "After a post tonight , that I attempted to keep a newbie from making what I felt was a mistake in revealing a supposed find and getting his self in trouble I ask him to delete the post before it became public.... At that point I was threatened with being band from the forum, I'm sorry for this but I feel I would rather save a fellow MD than I would to see him face court for the next 20 years.... That being said, I'm deleting my account.. I'm close to 60 years old and at this point in my life I do not take threats lightly..... To all the friends I have made thru the years and the good times I have had..... Thank You
J-G"

S

seger98

Likely Guy said:
Never knew him but today Just Geese wrote: "After a post tonight , that I attempted to keep a newbie from making what I felt was a mistake in revealing a supposed find and getting his self in trouble I ask him to delete the post before it became public.... At that point I was threatened with being band from the forum, I'm sorry for this but I feel I would rather save a fellow MD than I would to see him face court for the next 20 years.... That being said, I'm deleting my account.. I'm close to 60 years old and at this point in my life I do not take threats lightly..... To all the friends I have made thru the years and the good times I have had..... Thank You
J-G"

Wow, that's a bummer, he's been an asset to this site. where was that written? I mean what part of the forum.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

seger98 said:
Likely Guy said:
J-G"

Wow, that's a bummer, he's been an asset to this site. where was that written? I mean what part of the forum.
I agree that is a Bummer,Don is an all right type of guy. He and Ron from Oregon are the ones who talked me in to coming to this site. He has allways been a stand up type guy.
Van

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Beautiful picture of the head Molly.
Is that the one you call Nipper?
You can almost hear him thinking "O.K. I'll let you get a close up but it's going to cost you"
then you turn your back and pay his price. :blob8:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VanGone said:
seger98 said:
Likely Guy said:
J-G"

I agree that is a Bummer,Don is an all right type of guy. He and Ron from Oregon are the ones who talked me in to coming to this site. He has allways been a stand up type guy.
Van

Yep, it's a bummer. I hope he reconsiders, after a few days and returns.

Molly, you look like you're having a blast, we don't have CG down here like up north, but I do remember my encounter with them on a park lake in Michigan. I learned my lesson. ;D Your friend Nipper is a cute little thing.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.B. and Dylan said:
Beautiful picture of the head Molly.
Is that the one you call Nipper?
You can almost hear him thinking "O.K. I'll let you get a close up but it's going to cost you"
then you turn your back and pay his price. :blob8:

Yes, that's Nipper. I could actually run off & he would fly after me. lol. I used to picnic near there, he always found me & would perch right by my side & wait for scraps. My family have always said, I have a way with critters, they like & trust me. My friends call me the woods nymph. lol
Thanks for taking the time to make a comment P.B & D.

Molly.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely Guy said:
Seger said "I'm surprised they let you walk around them, they must be pretty tame."

No, they're just typical Canadians when they're on holidays, you know, all 'nice nice'. Just wait 'til they get back home and have another clutch of goslings. Two years ago my lab bounded across the road to have a swim in the river and came across a family. The parents wing-slapped him black & blue.

American Bald Eagles however, are much more refined.

-Cheers

I've seen what they are capable of doing with their wings, not to mention with those beaks. Thats why I stated earlier. Its a little scarey, having 200 around your legs. :-\
Thanks for commenting.

Molly. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Love the geese Molly, we had a local club hunt a few years ago and a guy and his wife planted some dimes for us to look for and while we were having our picnic the geese were in the hunt spot, when we went to hunt NO ONE found many of the dimes :icon_scratch: ;D

Thanks my friend. :D

Molly. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all. Thankyou friends for taking the time to comment on my geese ::)

Now this news about Just-Geese bothers me. I have become good friends with Don. He helped me, when I couldn't post pics. He spent quite a lot of his time with me, guiding me through this problem. Don, is an asset to this forum, he is very helpful. I know he helps most newbies with posting pics n such. I will PM him & talk to him about this..
We have lost far too many good members lately, this saddens me. :(

Seems we try to do favours & it always back fires..

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread