What's new

Canadian Nickels

DesertTumbleweed402

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago
Without having to drive to Canada (too much gas/time), does anyone know where I can obtain large quantities of Canadian Nickels??
 
Upvote 0
www.realcent.com

you can find some for sale there in large quanities. Some big time hoarders there. I have a few now if I can ever get home to enjoy them lol

GL,
-K
 
klava said:
www.realcent.com

you can find some for sale there in large quanities. Some big time hoarders there. I have a few now if I can ever get home to enjoy them lol

GL,
-K

Those folks there would probably not sell them, they are big time hoarders. Also, they are doing the same thing that Tim wants to do, save the pre 81 canadian nickels as they are pure (99.9%) nickle.
 
You could purchase boxes of nickels from the border states / cities and cross your fingers. I average around 2-3 canadian nickels per box here in Seattle, Washington. However, out of the 6-7 nickel boxes I've been through, I've only found 1 pre-81 Nickel. You're better off driving to Canada and purchasing a box there.
 
I don't remember the exact figures, but I am guessing I average around 10-15 Canadian nickels per $200 bag of nickels with about half being pre-1981.

I don't to get quite as many in boxes from my recollection, but I don't do many boxes anymore.

I would agree without actually crossing the border your best bet is with bags off the coin machines from border cities/states. My favorites are the Kings or the multi-sided nickels. Bags are better since they are more likely to have foriegn coins in them. Hand rolled nickels also would work. Boxes may be shipped from further away so its more hit and miss.

I also bought a small bag of pre-1981 Canadian nickels at face value at an estate sale last year most were from the 50's and 60's if I remember right. Just have to search around.
 
wayne1956 said:
klava said:
www.realcent.com

you can find some for sale there in large quanities. Some big time hoarders there. I have a few now if I can ever get home to enjoy them lol

GL,
-K

Those folks there would probably not sell them, they are big time hoarders. Also, they are doing the same thing that Tim wants to do, save the pre 81 canadian nickels as they are pure (99.9%) nickle.

You would be suprised how many people sell and/or trade on there.

-K
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom