Canadian Silver

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just saw an ad in the paper for a $20 Dollar Canadian coin that is fine silver 9999. You can buy 3 for $20 each. diameter 27mm and 7.96 g. I usually never buy coins from the paper but with the wolf on the front I thought it looked really cool. What do you think? www.20for20.us All the silver in my collection are from detecting but I may buy a few of these for my kids.

NJ

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're looking at silver content, its not a very good deal. It comes out to $76.93 per ounce of silver. You can buy other silver bullion coins for less than half that price. If you buy them because you like them, then by all means get some for your kids! Personally, I won't buy them because they cost too much for the small amount of silver and I REALLY don't like wolves.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it isn't an toz of silver but it is $20.00 for $20.00.......
The coin has a $20.00 dollar value that you pay $20.00 dollars for (cdn). What if silver goes up? You Win, if it goes down. You are even.

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only has $7.48 (cdn) worth of silver at todays prices so silver would have to triple in price to break even on the silver value. You could use it as standard currency valued at $20.00, but it would make alot more sense to just use a plain old twenty dollar bill. If I were you, I would get them for their numismatic value and because I really liked them. I would never consider the silver content as reason to purchase. My guess is, the price on these 20 for 20 coins will go up because they have fairly low mintages and they are a beautiful coin. Collectors want them. If you do buy a few, post pics!!

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the feed back...I knew it was not a good deal on the silver content I just liked the look of them. I was going to order three but then I saw the shipping which was almost $17 dollars and I decided not to. I thought the shipping was too high.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread