Candle Stick Holder?

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this is for holding a candle on a table or elsewhere, with a nail pushed through the bottom of it to secure it. I usually find kerosene lamp brass which almost always has a patent date on the round knob, so I found this odd. My question is, Are these common finds, and were they used along with the oil lamp or are these older ?? Any suggestion is appreciated........vn

DSC09422.JPGDSC09420.JPG

Looks like a part of an electric lamp to me. The hole is for a rod and the wiring to go through it.

Upvote 0
Looks like a part of an electric lamp to me. The hole is for a rod and the wiring to go through it.

If that is the case, would it be awful small for a lamp base and wouldn't it have a notch in the base for the wire to exit the base.It's only about an inch and a half in diameter.

Upvote 0
Sorry, must have been tired! Didn't realize how small it really is. It looks to be very thin and lightweight. I don't think they would make it lightweight if it was going to be used for a candle.

Upvote 0
maybe a lantern base ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you are right with candle stick holder002.JPGI was thinking somewhere along the lines of some kind of lantern base003.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks DigIron2, It does look similar to the lower photo you attached. Hard to tell though whether that piece is the same size and if it comes apart or not. What book is this from?

Upvote 0
It's called Civil war Artifacts-A Guide for the Historian- by Howard R Crouch.It's a old book 1995.I am not sure about the size either,it just reminded me of them two.It looks like it may have been shot?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back