What's new

Cant believe I found another one, plus Indians, Barbers etc.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
2,779
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't believe I found another one, plus Indians, Barbers etc.

Hit a favorite old park on Sunday. I can't believe I found another 2 cent piece. It's my 6th this year and they are all dated 1864. It's twice as many as I've found in the last 35 years. They have come from 4 different spots spread 120 miles apart. I also picked up a nickel trifecta with a shield nickel, 3 V nickels and a buffalo. They're all toasted, but nice to find. Same goes for the Indians, they are a bit toasted. Of course we all like finding silver and I particularly like finding Barbers and older. It was a great variety for the day and although nothing new, I'm sure a few of these pieces would be on someones bucket list. It was just one of those days where I was swinging my loop in the right spots. I was with 3 buddies, 2 also using a CTX and one using an E-Trac and between them they came up with 3 Indians, a merc and a shield nickel. Sometimes it's just where you swing the loop. HH.

2 cent 10-3-15.webp

dimes 10-3-15.webp

Indians 10-3-15.webp

nickels 10-3-15.webp
 
Upvote 48
Awesome day hunting! Congratz! And Yes, 2 cent piece is definitely on my bucket list!
 
Great design on the 2 centers. You got lots of goodies!
 
Amazing. There is a lot there to be happy about for a month, let alone a day! Great job!
 
Excellent hunt and awesome finds. A similar thing keeps happening to me where finds of the same type come in bursts. Really liking that 2c piece and hope to find one eventually. Barber silver and indians make any hunt.
 
My parks don't have any of those. Where you swing the loop indeed... indeed.
 
That 2 center is definitely on my bucket list.
Looks like I may have to cruise north.
Congrats on a really nice hunt.
 
Looks like you were swinging the loop in the right places!! Congrats on another 2-center- all but one of the ones I've found have been 1864 or 1865, but when you consider they made 33 million+ of those 2 years and only about 11 mill of all the rest, it's easy to see why. Continued success to you!

-- Jeff --
 
How weird is that that the guy with the two cent pieces visited all those places a hundred miles apart only for you to find them lol Congrats it took me forever to find the one I have and I love it
 
Fantastic hunt. :occasion14: You pulled a couple of my bucket listers. I have never pulled 14 old keeper coins in one hunt. The detecting Gods must be on your side.
 
Man you had an awesome day of digging!!!! Congrats!!!:occasion14:
 
DANG SOMEBODYS HAVING ALL THE LUCK DAMN NICE CLAD CACHE .
 
Awesome finds! Please tell me there's an "s" mint mark on the 1903 Barber...
 
Damn Don ur killin it on 2 cents I'm still looking for mine! Why don't u get an ultrasonic cleaner so it looks store fresh! Lol
 
Awesome 2 center:headbang: love it:occasion14: Congrats on the v's, they're usually destroyed when I see them along with Buffaloes
 
You sure are on a hot streak with those 2 centers, congrats.
 
All those are come by in my parts except the Mercury. You had a nice day!
 
It sure looks like the park likes you giving up it's treasures, sometimes it's a zig instead of a zag that produces the finds. Congrats on another 2 cent piece they don't come often for many and it seems your on a run.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom