What's new

Cant believe I found another one, plus Indians, Barbers etc.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
2,779
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't believe I found another one, plus Indians, Barbers etc.

Hit a favorite old park on Sunday. I can't believe I found another 2 cent piece. It's my 6th this year and they are all dated 1864. It's twice as many as I've found in the last 35 years. They have come from 4 different spots spread 120 miles apart. I also picked up a nickel trifecta with a shield nickel, 3 V nickels and a buffalo. They're all toasted, but nice to find. Same goes for the Indians, they are a bit toasted. Of course we all like finding silver and I particularly like finding Barbers and older. It was a great variety for the day and although nothing new, I'm sure a few of these pieces would be on someones bucket list. It was just one of those days where I was swinging my loop in the right spots. I was with 3 buddies, 2 also using a CTX and one using an E-Trac and between them they came up with 3 Indians, a merc and a shield nickel. Sometimes it's just where you swing the loop. HH.

2 cent 10-3-15.webp

dimes 10-3-15.webp

Indians 10-3-15.webp

nickels 10-3-15.webp
 
Upvote 48
Excellent hunt and awesome finds
 
Awesome finds! Please tell me there's an "s" mint mark on the 1903 Barber...

I wish. I also wish there were S mint marks on the backs of the two 1908 Indians. (I did find a 1908-S Indian about 30 years ago)
 
It sure looks like the park likes you giving up it's treasures, sometimes it's a zig instead of a zag that produces the finds. Congrats on another 2 cent piece they don't come often for many and it seems your on a run.

You are so right, sometimes it's a zig instead of a zag. Funny thing is, this park has been HEAVILY HUNTED................for 40 years!
 
those dimes are nothing to slouch about! Well done.
 
You sure did great Don !
This park is great for 2 cents it seems. Remember the past 2 weeks? I found two in two hunts only ! Actually... my first 2 ones !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom