Cant keep my eyes of the ground

O

ohannos

Its hard not to walk around staring at the ground all the time, especcially if you keep finding things.Last year i wrote down the finds as they added up and the coin totals were: 230
Spendable coins: 187
Foreign: 41
Silver: 2
10 notes from 20 to 100 kronor (swedish currency)
The total value of the spendable money would in US dollars be just over 80 $
Other finds included 5 pieces of silver jewelery, 2 mobile phones (both returned) titanium watch and a wallet containing money, in US$ just over 100$ (returned)
Also found my first piece of gold yesterday. Its a tiny 18 KT pice of earring holding a pearl (its on the picture)
Just wanted to share and show that it can pay of to go staring on the ground :) Plus its fun :tard:

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,271

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
You are doing great with the eyeball finds

I've been looking for a few months but so far have found only small coins and junk jewelry

Still waiting for a big score :icon_pirat:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
one needs to be aware of ones surroundings :wink: it pays off in the long run.

OP
OP
O

ohannos

Thanks for the replies folks!
Today i was out on the field looking for flint artifacts but unfortunately none where found, instead this bronze coin was lying on top of the surface staring at me.
It is a danish 5 öre coin. I can not see the date very well but believe it to be from 1882. These coins were minted from 1874-1906. Not worth much, especially in this condition but it was a nice find. (Quarter, dug at another time is for comparizon)

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 1,142
  • IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 1,131
  • IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,122

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always find pennies in stores and parking lots. People just don't seem to care enough to pick them up. My grandson loves it when I pickup him up to go penny hunting.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up any change I find, and the very occasional bill. I have kept all my change since the beginning of 2008. I decided to turn it into silver a short while ago. I purchase 6 one ounce silver coins, and did not pay a penny out of my paycheck, it was from all found money, and have even been able to put a few more found coins in the jar. Gotta love free silver!!!! :P

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just in the past couple of years I have found many coins (US and foreign), broken pieces of jewelry (gold, silver, and junk), $10 bill, $20 (or $25 can't remember right now) gasoline gift card, 2 really nice rings in an airport bathroom ( I waited there for a while to see if the owner came back), a digital camera that I returned to the owner at Disney World, etc.

My wife is always asking me why I only look down when I walk.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread