What's new

Cant Make Out The Maker

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
Can't Make Out The Maker

Been arrowhead hunting on a huge field but there had to have been a structure there at one time. I'm finding all sorts of pottery and china bits also an IH penny(can't see the date) Anyway, can anyone ID the maker of this plate piece and possibly tell me how old it is? I want to detect this field
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1479.webp
    IMG_1479.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 332
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

Hey,Felinepeachy
I think you have your piece upside down.And would have a crown on top of a oval.I don't see one in my book with the S over G or otherway around but that style seems to say 1850- to late 1800's early 1900's.
Hope this helps some
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Like These Sorta
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0804.webp
    IMG_0804.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

Very cool. Thank you so much for your help! :tongue3:

Im gonna use the dremmel on that penny and see if I can get the date
 
Upvote 0
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

Okay I flipped the pic upside down and took the dremmel to the IH penny. The date is definitely 1890.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1479.webp
    IMG_1479.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

Mackaydon said:
Once inverted, I see the forelegs of either man or beast to the left of the mark.
Yep,agreed. :thumbsup:
But there is still not one like it in my book. :icon_scratch: And most that are close tends to date more late 1800's.Some do date around 1850 but they average later 1800's.
Felinepeachy said:
Okay I flipped the pic upside down and took the dremmel to the IH penny. The date is definitely 1890.
I think that would go well with the shard too. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0805.webp
    IMG_0805.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0807.webp
    IMG_0807.webp
    45 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

hi mia !!!! hope you dont mind giving your pix the 360 view the piece looks old hope you find some nice points scott
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1479.webp
    IMG_1479.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

Thank you Scott. I actually have been finding several good things out there. I'm getting hooked on looking for points :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

Felinepeachy said:
Thank you Scott. I actually have been finding several good things out there. I'm getting hooked on looking for points :laughing7:
thats a fun hobby one of my good friends is all about that hunting even tonight we talked about indian been trying to get him to post some finds on t-net he an ace he knows his indian finds been all over the country looking been trying to get him a ( iron stick ) as he dubbed a metal detector he said he would buy one tonight good hearing from ya enjoy your hobbies scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: Can't Make Out The Maker

Good catch guys crown on top, lion and unicorn.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom