Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Interesting...

1. What browser are you using?
2. Are you having problem on SmartPhone or Desktop?
3. Mac or PC?
4. Have you tried viewing Vid on another forum?
5. Please provide URL to a Vid on TN that isn't working for you.

tn_link.gif
I searched Google and found...

YouTube Black Screen Black Box-YouTube Playback Error Tackled...

Go to tools, options, clear recent history, and only check the 'cache' option, clear now, okay, and then refresh or exit it and open it again. I'm using firefox but I'm sure it would work with other browsers, you'd clear your cache wherever the options for clearing history/cookies are...

My laptop stopped engaged on YouTube. It only does not load the web site wisely. i ultimately figured it out, that I had receintly replaced my laptop battery and in not having a battery, it had replaced the date and time interior the laptop. After resetting the date and time wisely returned, it began working returned. sometimes it rather is an consumer-friendly restoration...

Thanks!​

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you see this video?

OP
OP
F

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
questions.gif
FlintHunter - Did you try my reply (suggestions) yet?

Internet explorer on a pc. Please read my original post. All videos appear as a black box and all videos work just fine on other forums. Other people on treasurenet were complaining of the same problem a few days back. I don't know if their problem was fixed or not.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Internet explorer on a pc. Please read my original post. All videos appear as a black box and all videos work just fine on other forums. Other people on treasurenet were complaining of the same problem a few days back. I don't know if their problem was fixed or not.

I've got the same problem. Internet Explorer on home pc.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Sorry. Your original post ONLY said that you are getting a block box, and "Youtube videos play fine on other forums." I will assume you tried the suggestions I posted. Hopefully a solution will be found shortly.

shocked_01.gif
OMG - I just tried running InterNet Explorer and got this!

1.jpg

Now - searched and found a "temporary" solution that works for me on: Windows 10: Videos on Forums Suddenly Show As Black Box Only, Windows 10, IE11? I tried copying the URL into another Internet Explorer Tab and it loaded just fine. Further down the page you will see it seemed to correct itself for that user. I never noticed your problem because I use Google Chrome and/or FireFox.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have Google, Firefox, and Internet Explorer all on this pc and I "just" tried each one and had no problem so it must be something on your pc setting flinthunter. :dontknow:

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it's the same black box for me. windows 7, ie 11. on other forums these embedded videos work fine. on this forum no. links to videos work fine. highdesertranger

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, if there is still a video on this post I don't see it??!? No black box, no anything!
I am on a MAC using Safari.
metal_detector.gif
I am using Google Chrome ( Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit) ) and it works just fine.

Last edited:

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Internet Explorer??!! Ewwwww! Archaic junk!
Get Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. All free and without the Microsoft crap in 'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread