What's new

Little help with XP Deus 2

Pikeslumber

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and thanks in advance to any help I might receive. I have a new XP Deus 2 and can't get it to quiet down. I have detected for 30+ years and have owned ML Explorers, Fisher F75, F70, and other detectors that were chatty but this is different. I have made a few programs and it doesn't matter how I set them up, they are crazy sparky. I have tried the basic user settings/modes and the same. I have backed down my sensitivity to 80 or less and bumped up my reactivity and no relief. My soil is considered mild and while I've had issues in the past it was when I had a detector maxed out. If I ran detectors at 85 to 90 percent they were quiet. I have done my ground grab without tracking and I have tried grab and tracking. I am doing my frequency scan every time. What could my problem be? Do I have a dud Deus? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Any power lines near by? And you don't have to be right under them, mine does this if I'm with in 50' of one!
 
I run mine next to power lines without problems. If you are running with a Sensitivity at 80 and you've tried different programs, and it is that noisy, I think you have a bad controller or coil.
 
Also make sure your firmware is up to date. I had a lot of noise from power lines in the early firmwares, and had to turn sensitivity way down. With later firmware (4.x, I think), I have almost no power line chatter, even with the sensitivity up at normal levels.
 
I'm running 4.1 and no power lines within 100 yards, most of the time further. I'm thinking something is bad because I can't get into MultiProc either. I will not switch on from the off position.
 
I'm running 4.1 and no power lines within 100 yards, most of the time further. I'm thinking something is bad because I can't get into MultiProc either. I will not switch on from the off position.
Yeah that sounds like a defect. I have a buried power line in my yard and even when I'm right on top of it, the chatter is minimal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom