Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Courthouse.jpg
So much rain around here it's hard to do anything outside. Spent a good part of the day last Saturday with little to show for it with my E-trac. Solution: Try something different and I just purchased an Equinox 600 for faster recovery in the trashy areas with a little coil (well it sounds good anyway :laughing7:)
2-9-19 Finds.JPG
Normally when I find a harmonica reed I pitch it, but this one is in excellent condition. "AND", knowing the history of the Confederate and Union occupation of this courthouse; I strongly suspect it could have belonged to a soldier. It was exactly 12" deep and I about stopped digging because I thought it was another service pipe.
Turban3.JPG
This tiny little sterling thing is pretty cool. Looks like it may have been attached to a ring or something? Is this a religious figure maybe?

Doubt I'll be going back to this courthouse anytime soon, as I have obtained some permissions that maybe were never detected. Better luck to y'all than me lately.

Upvote 20
Nice finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: I like the little head. Reminds me of an Arabic sultan.

N8ce hunt and looks like a great site, Congratulations on the saves and BOL On your new permissions

Any day digging silver is a good day. Good luck with the new EQ600!

Nice finds, good luck on the new permissions! :occasion14:

I wonder if the silver is of T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia ) ? The features seem to be other than Semitic, or Middle Eastern - more Caucasion ? Nice find !

Disregard my previous post , after a second look I think I'm completely mistaken about the earlier assessment .

Cant score big every time but we try lol good hunt that head thing is pretty cool.

Nice finds! Congrats! That Courthouse looks to be a excellent permission site. In my neck of the woods that would be on the historic registry and a very hard permission. Good luck on your next sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back